Friday, August 25, 2017

Review - So I Married a Sorcerer by Kerrelyn Sparks @KerrelynSparks @SMPRomance

So I Married a Sorcerer by Kerrelyn Sparks
Series: The Embraced #2
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Publication Date: August 29, 2017
Date Read: August 21, 2017
Length: 496 pages
Source: NetGalley

Growing up on the Isle of Moon, Brigitta knows nothing of her past, except that she is Embraced: born with powers that forced her into hiding. Everything changes when she learns she’s a princess, hidden away from her villainous half-brother who now rules the kingdom. But he knows about Brigitta, and he’ll do anything to get her back. Unless a certain roguish pirate has anything to say about it…

Rupert is both an infamous pirate and a sorcerer with the power to harness the wind. He’s been waiting nineteen years for revenge—and he needs Brigitta to get it. What begins as a kidnapping of the fiery beauty turns into a fierce attraction. But can he win the captive princess’s heart?

My Review

I loved this book!  I enjoyed the first book in the series, How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days, so I was really excited to start reading this book.   This book was just as good as I had hoped it would be.   Once I started reading it, I didn't want to put it down and ended up reading almost the entire novel in a single day.  I didn't want it to end because I was having such a good time getting lost in this magical world.  This really was a joy to read.

Brigitta and her sisters from the Isle of Moon are on their way to be with Luciana.  During their travels, their boat becomes a target and Brigitta learns that she is actually a princess.  She ends up on Rupert's pirate ship along with a nun to act as her protector.  Rupert is a pirate and is known as a sorcerer.  He has the power to control the wind which turns out to be rather handy while at sea.

I really liked Brigitta and Rupert together.  They just clicked right from the start.  They had a lot of things in common and just seemed to connect with each other and had a lot of chemistry.  Their relationship did move pretty fast but it worked with in the context of the story.  I loved that Brigitta and Rupert had equally exciting backgrounds and I wanted to keep learning more about each of them.

This book was incredibly exciting to read.  There were a lot of scenes that were just filled with action.  I loved how Brigitta and Rupert's special abilities were described in this story.  I wouldn't have imagined how exciting the power to control the wind could really turn out to be.  This book really does a little bit of everything with some really funny moments worked into the story and a pretty entertaining secondary romance.

I would highly recommend this book to fans of paranormal romance.  While I do think it is possible to read this book as a stand alone novel, I think this series is best enjoyed in order.  I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book in this delightfully entertaining series.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from St. Martin's Press.

The Series

Book #1 - How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days - My Review
Book #2 - So I Married a Sorcerer
Book #3 - Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon - Coming March 27, 2018!
About the Author

Jennifer Berry Studio
Kerrelyn Sparks apparently has issues with reality. After writing more than a dozen books about vampires, she has now completely gone off the deep end and wound up on another planet. But how thrilling that she can share this magical new world with her readers! Although she is best known (so far) for the Love at Stake series, which has hit as high as number 5 on the New York Times list and 22 on the USA Today list, she hopes her readers will love The Embraced as much as they did her merry band of vamps and shifters. To learn more about her paranormal, historical, and upcoming out-of-this-world fantasy romances, please visit Kerrelyn on Facebook, Twitter, or her website at www.kerrelynsparks.com.

Author Links: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter

22 comments:

  1. Yaaasss! Wasn't it lovely? I feel like this series keeps getting better and better. How can book three beat its predecessors?! I'm so excited to read it. This sisterhood is so wonderful and their make counterparts are the swooniest. Fantastic review, Carole!

    Have a great day. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really high hopes for the third book. The first two have been so good!

      Delete
  2. I never read any of her books before, but i have heard great things about her. This series sounds exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first book in this series was the first Sparks book that I read but I have loved the first two in this fun series.

      Delete
  3. what? wouldn't it be a nightmare/ dream to find out that you are royalty overnight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be strange but I am not sure if it would be a nightmare or a dream. Depends, I guess.

      Delete
  4. Oh great for this one! I haven't tried this author but I keep hearing about her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series has been so much fun! I need to read more from her.

      Delete
  5. Oh gosh. I love paranormal romance. I'll definitely check out this author. Great review Carole :)

    Vanessa
    Blushing Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized how much I really do love paranormal romance while reading this one. I had a great time reading it!

      Delete
  6. I kind of like these titles, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the first one still waiting to be read. It looks really good. Thanks for mentioning the order to read it. Glad you enjoyed it. :) ~Aleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series has just been a lot of fun so far. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  8. glad you loved the couple in this one. I enjoyed some of the first book, I wished I liked it a bit more but I'm glad you are loving this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read both of these books when I was really in the mood for a light entertaining read. It has worked out so far.

      Delete
  9. There's a lot to this book that sounds really appealing to me! I admit I tend to shy away from books with the kidnapping turning to love trope though. If done a certain way, I can tolerate it, but it isn't my favorite. Still, I might have to read this one because of everything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one worked for me. I guess I don't really have a problem with the kidnapping turning to love trope since I have enjoyed a few books like that. It was a fun read.

      Delete
  10. I have just had a blast with this couple too, there was so much fun that happened, and I can't wait to have more from this author. Book three will have much to live up to after this one. Great review and glad you loved this one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first two have been so wonderful to read. I can't wait to see what happens in book 3.

      Delete
  11. I ended up setting How to Tame aside, but maybe I should revisit the series, It was my first go with Kerrelyn Sparks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it but this series might not be for everyone. It might be worth another try though.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...