Friday, July 14, 2017

Audiobook Review - How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper @mollyharperauth

How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper
Narrated by Amanda Ronconi
Publisher: Audible Studios
Publication Date: February 22, 2011
Date Read: July 12, 2017
Length:  9 hours 12 minutes
Source: Audible Purchase
★★★★☆
Even in Grundy, Alaska, its unusual to find a naked guy with a bear trap clamped to his ankle on your porch. But when said guy turns into a wolf, recent southern transplant Mo Wenstein has no difficulty identifying the problem. Her surly neighbor Cooper Graham,who has been openly critical of Mo's ability to adapt to life in Alaska, has trouble of his own. Werewolf trouble.

For Cooper, an Alpha in self-imposed exile from his dysfunctional pack, its love at first sniff when it comes to Mo. But Cooper has an even more pressing concern on his mind. Several people around Grundy have been the victims of wolf attacks, and since Cooper has no memory of what he gets up to while in werewolf form, hes worried that he might be the violent canine in question.

If a wolf cries wolf, it makes sense to listen, yet Mo is convinced that Cooper is not the culprit. Except if hes not responsible, then who is? And when a werewolf falls head over haunches in love with you, what are you supposed to do anyway? The rules of dating just got a whole lot more complicated.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her
My Review

I could kick myself.  I bought this audiobook back in 2015.  Heck, I bought the whole series and then promptly got distracted by some other shiny book.  I have seen so many great reviews for this book but did I start listening.  Nope.  Because I was distracted.  Well, I finally dusted it off and started listening to it earlier this week and had a great time with it.

Mo is the focus of this story and I liked her character right away.  The book opens with Mo moving to Alaska.  It is a big change from what she is used to in Mississippi but she needs a change.  And she needs to get away from her over the top parents.  Her parents are quite the pair and I can completely understand why she took such a drastic step.

Mo quickly becomes a part of the local community by working at the local bar and grill.  She is making friends and finding her way.   She is even getting the attention of a couple of the local men.  Enter Cooper, local werewolf extraordinaire.  Cooper always seems a little grouchy but Mo can't seem to stay away.  One thing leads to another and they decide to act on their chemistry.

There were so many things to love about this book.  I really liked the humor woven into the story.  I had a big grin on my face the entire time I was listening to this story.  I liked Mo and Cooper as a couple and thought they had great chemistry.  The story had a lot of things going on besides the romance with a wolf attacking the local community and some drama with Cooper's family.

I really enjoyed Amanda Ronconi's narration.  I thought she captured Mo's personality very well through her narration.  She handled all of the different characters very well and it was always very easy to tell who was speaking.  This story has a wide range of emotions and she portrayed them all very well.  I felt Mo's fear, her joy, her confusion, and her frustration.  She read the story at a very natural pace and I really just felt like she was telling me a story.  I was able to listen to this book for hours at a time and look forward to listening to more of her work in the future.

I would recommend this book to fans of paranormal romance.  This was a fun story filled with great chemistry and a wonderful sense of humor.  This is the first book by Molly Harper that I have read and I cannot wait to continue with this series.
About the Author

Molly Harper is the author of the popular series of paranormal romances set in the small Kentucky town of Half-Moon Hollow. She also writes the Bluegrass series of contemporary ebook romances, most recently Snow Falling on Bluegrass. A former humor columnist and newspaper reporter, she lives in Kentucky with her family. Visit her on the web at MollyHarper.com.

Author Links: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter

26 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds like a blast! I haven't heard of this series but I feel like I need to check out the audio. Paranormal romance is a genre I would love to get back to. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it if you get the chance to listen to it. It is a lot of fun!

      Delete
  2. I meant to try something in this series years ago, but just never did, dunno why

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check it out if you have the chance.

      Delete
  3. I read this book years ago and it was a blast. I don't know if I ever finished the series but I have read quite a few by that author and always enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will be reading more from this author. I just love her sense of humor.

      Delete
  4. This is definitely a super fun series! I'm glad you're getting to this! Great review, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was all kinds of fun. I am wondering how many other gems I have bought and then promptly forgotten about.

      Delete
  5. I have to say, I would never have considered this book without your recommendation. I struggle with corny titles, but you definitely made me rethink my snobbery for this one. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The title and the cover may be exactly why I set this one aside for as long as I did. It was fun though!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing, Carole. Sounds SO good. The title is interesting. Hehe.. awesome review, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Geybie! I liked this one a whole lot more than I expected to - which was a great surprise.

      Delete
  7. WOAH what a title. I was thrown at first. Definitely a good way to get people's attention. :D This book sounds fun and entertaining! I'm glad you dug it out and enjoyed it. Excellent review, Carole!

    Have a great weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!! Happy Dance!! This is one of my favorite series. It really was so fun. I'm glad you were finally able to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was so much fun! Mo was such a great character and the narration was great.

      Delete
  9. oh I just love love this book, it made me so happy when I read it. And Mo is such a fun character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Mo so much. She had such a wonderful sense of humor.

      Delete
  10. Okay, I've seen this book around and have always been curious about it. I think I need to download the first book once and for all. I love the humorous take the tired shifter stories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've read one book by Molly Harper and I absolutely loved it and meant to read more but than newer shinier books got in the way. I've never really read a werewolf book before but this sounds like a lot of fun and I need a place to start with her books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be a good starting point. It was a really light take on everything and kept things fun. I think you would enjoy it!

      Delete
  12. I have not read this book by this author, but I did read another one via audio. I loved narrator (the same) and I love the author's writing style and dry humor. I need to try more from her.

    Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the same narrator does most if not all of her books. I really liked her style of narration so I see more Molly Harper books in my future.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...