Sunday, June 25, 2017

2017 Blogger Shame Challenge Mid Year Check In

Blogger Shame 2016

2017 Blogger Shame Challenge hosted by Herding Cats & Burning Soup

Visit The Herd Presents to see more about this challenge.

I just realized that I should have posted this check in at the beginning of the month.  Leave it to me to be late with a challenge that is supposed to help me get caught up.

I have read 5 books that count towards this challenge.  I started the year out pretty well squeezing 2 old review books in my reading schedule in January, 2 during the month of March, and 1 in April.  And then nothing.  Hopefully, I can get back on track and read at least 5 more books towards this challenge before the end of the year.

Books Read for the Challenge


Until Tomorrow by Annie Kelly
Out of Frame by Megan Erickson
The Passenger by Lisa Lutz
And I Darken by Kiersten White
City of Blades by Robert Jackson Bennett 
(click the links to read my reviews)

A big thank you to Anna @ Herding Cats and Burning Soup for hosting this challenge!

8 comments:

  1. I'm thinking about reading And I Darken though it is pretty far out of my comfort zone. I find the idea of it intriguing. I've also downloaded a copy of the first Robert Jackson Bennett book but I fear it might be too slow for me. Not sure what'll happen with those two! Hope you can meet your challenge goal...still half a year to fit those bad boys in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, funny. I forget things like that, too, Carole. Five is a good start on the old pile. My own goal was to get at least one done each month to whittle it down. You're doing great and look on track for those five you want to get by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way... if it was me, I would've been posting June's recap in December...

    I read The Passenger. It was good, not great, for me. First time reading that author. I have a number of really old review books on NG but some I don't even have the archived book, through my own fault, and the others I'm just not interested in anymore.

    I get "trigger-finger-happy" on NG, and sometimes ask for books that a few days later I realize I don't want to bother with. Good luck with the rest of your challenge and your review books!

    I'm on moving hiatus but still posting some NG reviews this summer to try to get my ratio up-- since lately I've been blessed with receiving almost every title I requested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing awesome! That's great you've knocked so many out :) I haven't posted my update so...you're good. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a good idea for a challenge, I might have to do it next year! 5 is still a lot to have read, and I'm sure you'll catch up over the next few months :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, I need to do my update as well (which is not so good). Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Better late than never? I give all you doing this challenge credit, because I am terrible with reading old books. Good luck!
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...