Saturday, March 4, 2017

Stacking the Shelves #59



I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

This was what I would consider a "normal" week at our house...whatever that really is.  My husband and I had the house to ourselves last weekend while my daughter was gone on a school trip to a jazz competition.  We really didn't do a lot but go out to eat and stop by a few discount stores.  We are real party animals around here. 

Digital Books


Bring Her Home by David Bell (NetGalley)
The Child by Fiona Barton (First to Read)
Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop (Kindle Purchase)
The Cruelest Month by Louise Penny (Amazon Purchase)
Beginnings by Helen J. Christmas (Won @ Delighted Reader)

I added two review books this week.  I have really enjoyed the two David Bell books that I have read so I requested his new one, Bring Her Home, right away and can't wait to read it.  The Child is the first book that I have grabbed from First to Read in a while and I am looking forward to it.  I started reading Murder of Crows as soon as I purchased it and plan to post my review on Monday.  I have been picking up books in the Louis Penny series as they go on sale and once I have most of them, I plan to start reading the series.  I am so happy that I won a copy of Beginnings from The Great Pick Up Line feature over at Delighted Reader. 

Print Books


Caraval by Stephanie Garber (Won @ a GREAT read)

So, so excited to win a hardcover copy of Caraval.  Plus it is signed!  My daughter and I both did a little happy dance when we found out we won and may have stroked the book a bit when we got it in our hands.  I think my daughter is planning to take this one from me so I may have to hide it from her.  Jessica was so awesome that she actually dropped the book off at my house when she realized that we are practically neighbors.  Thanks, Jessica!



Crazy Over You by Carol Thomas (Won @ Delighted Reader)

I am really excited to win a copy of Crazy for You which was sent to me from England.  It was so nice of the author to take the time to sign the book before mailing it off.  I hope to get to this one soonish.



I picked up this pile of books at the local Goodwill Outlet.  The whole pile cost $0.60 - literally pocket change.  I am most excited about Don't Look Back even though the cover is really beat up.




I picked up this big pile of books at the local Dollar Tree store.  I am really excited to have a copy of Denton Little's Deathdate. Hopefully, some of the other books in the pile work out as well.  For $1 per book, I think I did pretty well.

Audio Books

River Marked by Patricia Briggs (Audible Purchase)
Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs (Audible Purchase)

I decided to pick up 2 more Mercy Thompson audiobooks this week to use up my audible credits.  I now have the first 8 books in the series which should keep me busy for a while.


What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

31 comments:

  1. Somebody did well on their book haul this week...nice pile! It's fun to win something or get a gift so it sounds like you had a good week overall. Hope you fit in some nice reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those great looking new books!! I really want to read that Fiona Barton book. It sounds really good! I just got my first books from First to read too, but it wasn't that one! lol Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not the first book book that I have got from First to Read. I have actually read quite a few from that program. I have just been doing pretty good at resisting the books on offer for the past several rounds.

      Delete
  3. Yay for a normal week! Wow lots of books. Awesome deals with The Dollar Tree!! Denton is such a fun book. Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really excited when I saw the Denton book because I remembered it from your review. Can't wait to read that one!

      Delete
  4. Great haul!! Glad I could make you and your daughter's day!! It was a really really good book too! Hope you bot enjoy it!!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter grabbed that book today. She beat me to it. I told her she has to be done by the time I get a week off from work later this month!

      Delete
  5. I love your book hauls because you always get a ton of books. Happy reading!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for Briggs and Anne Bishop!!! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love Briggs and I am really enjoying the Bishop series.

      Delete
  7. Nicely done! So many great books in this post. Congrats on the wins - Caraval is such a lovely book! Jessica is one of my favorite bloggers. I hope you enjoy all of your new books, Carole!

    Have a wonderful weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been really lucky with winning books lately. Jessica is awesome and I can't wait to read Caraval.

      Delete
  8. Awesome wins. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always so happy when I win a book. I have been lucky lately.

      Delete
  9. Woohoo, nice haul there. I do love checking out the shelves at the GoodWill or Salvation Army for treasures. Neat treasures for wins. Fun that you and your daughter could enjoy the Caraval win.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't resist a good book bargain. My husband is very nice and just hold the books as I hunt.

      Delete
  10. 60 cents? Really? Nicely done. I'm so impressed right now.
    I hope you love all your new books. Happy reading.
    Here is my STS 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Goodwill Outlet by my house sells books by the inch...$0.15 per inch so that was 4 inches of books. Crazy!

      Delete
  11. Wow.. you have Awesome list here. Cant wait to read which ones you'll love and enjoy. Happy reading, Carole. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that most of the work out for me.

      Delete
  12. Oh my! These are awesome list Carole. Can't wait to know which ones you'll love :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, yes, we parents know how to have a good time. :D Yay for Murder of Crows. I love that series!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you had a good week with the house to yourselves! Caraval is so fantastic! And Bring Her Home looks really interesting! I've seen it around a couple times today. Have a great week :D

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL sounds like a good weekend to me! Yay for all the new pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooo... $.60 for that many books?! Awesome! Plus, if you like Don't Look Back, you can always get a pretty version of it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Man, when you go thrifting, you really go thrifting! that's practically a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wow...look at you go!! So many good deals and great books. I do need to try out Patricia Briggs one day I will!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, these are so many books Carole! I actually haven't heard of many of them before, so I will be waiting on reviews to know more about them. But I have heard of Caraval and it's really popular lately, so it's cool you got a signed edition!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...