I finally picked up the pace a bit! After not getting a lot of books read the past couple of months, I was a bit worried the trend would continue but I was able to read 8 books this month and I finished 4 audiobooks. I am still going at a slower pace than my normal rate but with a 10 month old puppy in the house finding reading time is hard!
- A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet ★★★★☆
- A Fierce and Subtle Poison by Samantha Mabry ★★☆☆☆
- Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs ★★★★★
- The Sight by Chloe Neill ★★★★☆
- Sting by Sandra Brown ★★★★☆
- Made For Sin by Stacia Kane ★★★☆☆
- The Good, the Bad, and the Undead by Kim Harrison ★★★★★
- Grave Peril by Jim Butcher ★★★★★
- Reckless Creed by Alex Kava ★★★★☆
- I posted 23 times during the month of August. I completed 9 reviews so I am pretty happy with those numbers.
- I feel like I got back into my blogging groove a bit this month after having a hard time keeping up for the past several months. Life calmed down so blogging seemed to be a bit easier to manage.
- I am trying not to be so hard on myself. Blogging should be fun and I think I had some unrealistic expectations for myself in some aspects.
- I had a much better reading month. I am also completely into audiobooks right now. I am still behind on my Goodreads challenge but I am pretty sure that I will catch up soon.
Outside of the Blog
- August was quite the busy month. My youngest daughter turned 16 and we had a slumber party to celebrate. School started early in the month so now we are back in a routine and it seems to be going well. To top it off, my daughter was able to get her driver's license which means I get to stay home while she goes to activities.
- School started so we are knee deep in marching band season. So far, I have opted out of doing a lot of volunteering but I will probably lend a hand in a couple of weeks when they start going to competitions.
- I am still walking the dogs on a daily basis. Most night it is me and my husband walking the 3 dogs but my daughter does help at least a couple of times every week. It is a nice way to spend some time together!
- My oldest daughter introduced me to her boyfriend which was a first. She started a new job and I am hopeful that she will really enjoy it.
How was your month? Do you have any reading or blogging goals for September?