I can't believe that I only read 4 books and listened to 3 audiobooks this month. I am a bit ashamed even though I know that I still read more books in this month than most adults read in a year. These are serious slacker numbers for me. I am trying hard to only pick up books that really sound amazing because nothing slows down my reading quite like a book that doesn't really do anything for me. I didn't really care too much for 2 of the audiobooks that I listened to this month but otherwise I had a really good group of books this month. To be fair to myself, I did almost finish another book, The Wolf Road, but the file disappeared off of my tablet as I was reading with only 20 pages or so left to read. I am still a little mad about that one to tell you the truth.
- Since She Went Away by David Bell ★★★★☆
- Before the Fall by Noah Hawley ★★★★☆
- The Church of Dead Girls by Stephen Dobyns ★★☆☆☆
- With Malice by Eileen Cook ★★★★☆
- Beneath These Lies by Meghan March ★★★★☆
- The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman ★★★★☆
- Sweet Little Lies by Jill Shalvis ★★★★☆
- I feel like I didn't post nearly as much as I should have during the month of June but now that I have counted my posts, I really did ok in the end. I didn't have a post everyday but 24 out of 30 days is still a respectable number.
- I was the absolute worst at commenting during the month of June. I am determined to do better in July.
- I am still way behind with my reading. I went from being ahead on my Goodreads challenge for the first few months of the year to being 5 books behind. I always feel like a loser now when I log into Goodreads just to see that I am even more behind.
Outside of the Blog
- My youngest daughter kept us busy with band once again. She spent a week in a low brass class in our area. The class lasted from 9 until 3 which was challenging since I work full time. Sometimes juggling transportation is absolutely exhausting. She also spent a week at Indiana University's Summer Music Clinic. Getting her from the St. Louis area to Bloomington, Indiana and then home again the next weekend was a bit exhausting. She learned a lot and had fun so that is what is important.
- My oldest daughter finally returned from Hawaii. I was a little afraid that she would decide to stay there permanently so it is a bit of a relief to know that she is back in the area. She says that she would like to eventually go there to stay. Heck, I just want to visit someday :)
- I had hopes that June would be my month to catch up especially since my husband and I had a whole week with no kids in the house this month. I ended up getting a migraine at the beginning of the week that stuck around and really slowed down any computer work or reading.
- I have fallen in love with my BBQ grill. I mean it is the best thing ever in my opinion right now. I have served more BBQ this summer than in the past 5 years combined. Throw in an ear of corn and slice of watermelon and it just feels like summer to me.
How was your month? Do you have any reading or blogging goals for July?