Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday - Burn Bright

 Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.  I am linking up with Can't Wait Wednesday hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings this week.  

My Waiting on Wednesday pick is:

Burn Bright by Patricia Briggs
Series: Alpha & Omega #5
Publisher: Penguin Publishing Group - Ace
Publication Date: March 6, 2018
In her bestselling Alpha and Omega series, Patricia Briggs “spins tales of werewolves, coyote shifters, and magic and, my, does she do it well” (USATODAY.com). Now mated werewolves Charles Cornick and Anna Latham face a threat like no other–one that lurks too close to home…

They are the wild and the broken. The werewolves too damaged to live safely among their own kind. For their own good, they have been exiled to the outskirts of Aspen Creek, Montana. Close enough to the Marrok’s pack to have its support; far enough away to not cause any harm.

With their Alpha out of the country, Charles and Anna are on call when an SOS comes in from the fae mate of one such wildling. Heading into the mountainous wilderness, they interrupt the abduction of the wolf–but can’t stop blood from being shed. Now Charles and Anna must use their skills–his as enforcer, hers as peacemaker–to track down the attackers, reopening a painful chapter in the past that springs from the darkest magic of the witchborn…


Pre-Order:  Amazon | BAM! | Barnes & Noble | IndieBound | Kobo 


Why Am I Waiting?
I am sure that it comes to no surprise to regular readers of this blog that I am a huge Patricia Briggs fan.  It has been a while since a new book featuring Anna and Charles was released and I am ready for it.  

What are you waiting for this week? 

42 comments:

  1. Never heard of this series before. It definitely sounds interesting though.
    I hope you enjoy this one when you get around to reading it :)
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my fingers crossed that I can get my hands on an early copy so the wait isn't quite as long. I can't wait!

      Delete
  2. I should really put this series on my wishlist, it is right up my alley! Nice pick.

    Jenea's Book Obsession CWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure is a pretty cover! Another author I have only read one book from and need to do some catching up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving this cover, Stormi! This is such a great series so you have a lot of great books to enjoy if you do decide to get caught up.

      Delete
  4. I love the covers in this series! I keep meaning to pick it up but...y'know how it is. Great pick!

    My CWW: https://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2017/09/cant-wait-wednesday-fantastic-beasts.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only there was more time to read every day!

      Delete
  5. I need to catch up on this series (story of my life). I saw this cover reveal a few weeks ago and I love it more and more each time I see it. In fact, I sort of just want to stare at it. The artwork on the Briggs' books is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you regarding the artwork on this book. I can't seem to stop wanting to look at it. Charles looks mean but that is kind of accurate at times.

      Delete
  6. Been wanting to read a book by this author. Sounds like a great series too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't jumped into this series yet, but I do enjoy her Mercy Thompson series. I look forward to giving this one a try someday as well. Thanks for sharing, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is set in the same world as the Mercy series. If you enjoy that series, chance are you would like this one as well.

      Delete
  8. I love Patricia Briggs and Mercy's world, but I've yet to read this series. I hope to do it very soon.

    Happy readings!
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of the characters overlap. If you enjoy the Mercy series, you will probably like this series too.

      Delete
  9. OOh nice! I sadly fell out of this series, as well as Mercy's. It's sad, but happens. And I always feel heartbreak over it. Still hope you will thoroughly enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really high hopes for this one. Anna and Charles are some of my favorite characters.

      Delete
  10. Ooh this looks great, I just read the first Mercy thompson not too long ago and need to get back into these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the books in the Mercy world are fantastic! They seem to get better and better.

      Delete
  11. Oh My God YES Carole. I love thi series and dare I even say I love the more than Mercy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is about equal for me but there is something very special about Charles and Anna.

      Delete
  12. I don't know why but I don't connect as much to this series, I prefer the other

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like them pretty equally and I love how they overlap each other.

      Delete
  13. This is an author whose books I want to try eventually! Briggs, Ilona Andrews, Nalini Singh... there are so many ladies writing good PNR and I am missing out. D: I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a great day, Carole. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Briggs and Ilona Andrews are two of my favorites. I still need to read Nalini Singh though.

      Delete
  14. This will be featured on my Wednesday post in a few weeks time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people will be excited about this one, Chuckles!

      Delete
  15. I love her Mercy Thompson series but I only read book one of this series. I forgot about it, truthfully. I guess by your glowing comments that I should investigate this one again, so thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a while since the last book was published and it is easy to get distracted. I do love this series, Rita!

      Delete
  16. I need to get back to this series of hers. I did enjoy book one but just never got back to them. Hope you have fun with this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Briggs does a great job with this series, Anna!

      Delete
  17. *sigh* I love these covers so much, and this series has been on my TBR since 9th grade. I think I read book #2 not knowing it was #2 back then, but I don't remember anything.

    Hope you enjoy this one when you get your hands on it! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a great series and the covers are all great. I can't believe that you were in 9th grade when you added this to your tbr list.

      Delete
  18. Patricia Briggs is one of those authors that I really must read but somehow haven't made time for yet. I'm really looking forward to starting this series.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...