Tuesday, September 12, 2017

New Releases - September 12, 2017 #newreleases #newbooks


It's Tuesday!  That means it is time to make a little bit of room on the bookshelves, load up your ereader, or make your way to your local library.  In other words - It is time to get your hands on a new book!

Here are just a few books that have just been released that you may want to grab soon:


Fireblood by Elly Blake

Find it at:
Goodreads | Booklikes | LibraryThing
In this action-packed sequel to Frostblood, the future of Ruby's world and a court ruled by the love of her life depends on the uncovered secrets of her past..

Against all odds, Ruby has defeated the villainous Frost King and melted his throne of ice. But the bloodthirsty Minax that was trapped inside is now haunting her kingdom and everyone she loves. The answers to its demise may lie to the south in Sudesia, the land of the Firebloods, and a country that holds the secrets to Ruby's powers and past....

Despite warnings from her beloved Arcus, Ruby accompanies a roguish Fireblood named Kai to Sudesia, where she must master her control of fire in a series of trials to gain the trust of the suspicious Fireblood queen. Only then can she hope to access the knowledge that could defeat the rampaging Minax--which grows closer every moment. But as sparks fly in her moments alone with Kai, how can Ruby decide whom to trust? The fate of both kingdoms is now in her hands.


Blood Guard by Megan Erickson

Find it at:
Enter a world of immortal danger and desire—and discover an incredible fate borne of blood.

Tendra: One minute, I’m a bartender in gritty Mission City; the next, I’m whisked away by a vampire named Athan who tells me that I’m the lifeblood of his clan. It sounds unbelievable, but he’s got evidence I can’t deny. Turns out, Athan belongs to an underground society of vampires who feed only on humans with their consent. Their enemies have no such qualms, and they want me dead. The only thing standing in their way is strong, sexy Athan. And the closer we get, the more tempted I am to let Athan feed. . . .

Athan: How could I have known when I snatched this snarky, beautiful human off the streets that she would change my destiny? As a loyal soldier, I must deliver Tendra to our future king—my brother. Empowered with the blood of ten generations of the Gregorie breed, she is fated to rule as our queen. But there’s something between us that’s so intoxicating, so carnal, I can’t help wanting Tendra for myself . . . even if it’s treason.

Nyxia by Scott Reintgen

Find it at:
Goodreads | Booklikes | LibraryThing
Emmett Atwater isn’t just leaving Detroit; he’s leaving Earth. Why the Babel Corporation recruited him is a mystery, but the number of zeroes on their contract has him boarding their lightship and hoping to return to Earth with enough money to take care of his family.

Forever.

Before long, Emmett discovers that he is one of ten recruits, all of whom have troubled pasts and are a long way from home. Now each recruit must earn the right to travel down to the planet of Eden—a planet that Babel has kept hidden—where they will mine a substance called Nyxia that has quietly become the most valuable material in the universe.

But Babel’s ship is full of secrets. And Emmett will face the ultimate choice: win the fortune at any cost, or find a way to fight that won’t forever compromise what it means to be human.

Warcross by Marie Lu

Find it at:
Goodreads | Booklikes | LibraryThing
For the millions who log in every day, Warcross isn’t just a game—it’s a way of life. The obsession started ten years ago and its fan base now spans the globe, some eager to escape from reality and others hoping to make a profit. Struggling to make ends meet, teenage hacker Emika Chen works as a bounty hunter, tracking down players who bet on the game illegally. But the bounty hunting world is a competitive one, and survival has not been easy. Needing to make some quick cash, Emika takes a risk and hacks into the opening game of the international Warcross Championships—only to accidentally glitch herself into the action and become an overnight sensation.

Convinced she’s going to be arrested, Emika is shocked when instead she gets a call from the game’s creator, the elusive young billionaire Hideo Tanaka, with an irresistible offer. He needs a spy on the inside of this year’s tournament in order to uncover a security problem . . . and he wants Emika for the job. With no time to lose, Emika’s whisked off to Tokyo and thrust into a world of fame and fortune that she’s only dreamed of. But soon her investigation uncovers a sinister plot, with major consequences for the entire Warcross empire.
More Great Books Being Released Today
(Covers link to Goodreads)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33566868-love-and-other-consolation-prizes?ac=1&from_search=truehttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34273236-little-fires-everywhere?ac=1&from_search=truehttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33571713-a-column-of-fire?ac=1&from_search=truehttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33979614-sadie-s-highlander?ac=1&from_search=true

What new releases are you excited about this week?

28 comments:

  1. Love and Other Consolation Prizes has been on my radar so I want to get to that one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a while since I read Jaime Ford so I may have to pick that one up someday.

      Delete
  2. I've seen Nyxia around quite a bit and am curious about it. On a side note, First to Read put up new books today. Didn't know if you were aware but thought I'd enable you if you didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enabler! I actually looked at First to Read early this morning but didn't see anything I couldn't live without.

      Delete
    2. Better than me, I grabbed two! Of course, one is one of the few series I'm actually caught up on so I couldn't resist!

      Delete
    3. I would have loved to get the Jenn McKinlay book but I have not read the series yet. I can't wait to see what you picked!

      Delete
  3. I am picking up Warcross today, super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fireblood and Nixia sounds like two that I would really like. Need to check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I can't wait to get my hands on Fireblood!

      Delete
  6. Oh nice, Blood Guard looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Warcross is mocking me. I am trying to save it for a monthly reading challenge, but everyone is raving and I am suffering from some serious FOMO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little Fires Everywhere was so good on audio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard great things about that book. I may try the audio.

      Delete
  9. They are all on my list, but I also need to buy Frostblood . . . Yep, still have to read it I'm afraid :( It would be great if we could buy more time as well, right? *sigh* Hope you love all of them, btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Frostblood so I am really excited to read Fireblood. Hopefully, I can fit it in soon.

      Delete
  10. I've been hearing raves about Warcross but none of the others really pull at me at the moment. Not a bad thing for my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice to get the TBR under control!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Yes, and it has been a while since I read a Highlander book!

      Delete
  12. So many great sounding books! I really want to read Little Fires Everywhere. Love and Consolation Prizes is another one I am looking forward to. I recently got Warcross in audio and hope it is good. It reminds me a bit of Ready Player One. I read and enjoyed Sadie's Highlander. Highlander romance isn't a particular favorite of mine, but occasionally I can't help but read one. And I do enjoy Maeve Greyson's books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you think of the the Warcross audio. I am kind of on the fence with the book so the audio may be the way to go for me.

      Delete
  13. Warcross and Fireblood are both books I have had my eye on. I have read other co-written romances by Megan Erickson before so it would be pretty interesting to read one of her own books... and I do like my vampire stories :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vampire stories can be a lot of fun. I am patiently waiting for my turn with Fireblood at the library.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...