Monday, August 28, 2017

Review - Ready to Run by Lauren Layne @_laurenlayne @readloveswept

Ready to Run by Lauren Layne
Series: I Do, I Don't #1
Publisher: Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept
Publication Date: August 22, 2017
Date Read: August  , 2017
Source: NetGalley

The Bachelor meets The Runaway Bride in this addictive romance novel about a reality TV producer falling for her would-be star: a Montana heartthrob who wants nothing to do with the show.

Jordan Carpenter thinks she’s finally found the perfect candidate for Jilted, a new dating show about runaway grooms: Luke Elliott, a playboy firefighter who’s left not one but three brides at the altar. The only problem? Luke refuses to answer Jordan’s emails or return her calls. Which is how she ends up on a flight to Montana to recruit him in person. It’s not Manhattan but at least the locals in Lucky Hollow seem friendly . . . except for Luke, who’s more intense—and way hotter—than the slick womanizer Jordan expected.

Eager to put the past behind him, Luke has zero intention of following this gorgeous, fast-talking city girl back to New York. But before he can send her packing, Jordan’s everywhere: at his favorite bar, the county fair, even his exes’ book club. Annoyingly, everyone in Lucky Hollow seems to like her—and deep down, she’s starting to grow on him too. But the more he fights her constant pestering, the more Luke finds himself wishing that Jordan would kick off her high heels and make herself comfortable in his arms.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her
My Review

This romance was just charming!  I am not usually too eager to read wedding themed books but I like Lauren Layne's writing enough that I knew I had to read this one.  This was a really fun premise with most of the wedding talk being about a groom who had a history of leaving his brides at the alter.  Throw in a reality show wanting to capitalize on that and and you have a great set up.  This was just a lot of fun to read and I enjoyed every page of it.

Jordan comes to Lucky Hollow with one thing on her mind.  She is determined to secure Luke Elliott, the hunky local firefighter, for a new TV show.  Luke has left 3 brides standing at the alter and seems to be the perfect choice for the new reality TV show.  There is only one problem.  Luke isn't interested.  At all.  Jordan refuses to give up too quickly so she settles in for an extended stay in the small town of Lucky Hollow.

Luke is an all around good guy.  He works for the local fire department and has a great group of friends.  He is not at all interested in the attention he is getting in regards to possibly staring in a new reality show.  He has had 3 relationships end poorly but he has moved on with his life.  The entire town seems to want him to sign on for the show and they have all become friends with Jordan.

I really enjoyed Jordan and Luke as a couple.  They started out as adversaries because of the TV show before giving into their attraction to each other.   Even when they were arguing with each other, they had some great chemistry.  They seemed to be really good together anytime they shared a scene.  They both had some painful events in their past that were heartbreaking.  

I would recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance.  This was a really fun story filled with wonderful characters.  It was one of those story that leaves you with a big grin on your face by the time you get to the last page.  I can't wait to read more of this new series soon!

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via NetGalley.
About the Author

Lauren Layne is the New York Times bestselling author of over a dozen romantic comedies.

A former e-commerce and web marketing manager from Seattle, Lauren relocated to New York City in 2011 to pursue a full-time writing career.

She lives in midtown Manhattan with her high-school sweetheart, where she writes smart romantic comedies with just enough sexy-times to make your mother blush. In LL's ideal world, every stiletto-wearing, Kate Spade wielding woman would carry a Kindle stocked with Lauren Layne books.

Author Links: Website | Goodreads | Twitter | Facebook

36 comments:

  1. It looks like a sweet one there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read a two Lauren Layne books but I liked them. But the premise for this book doesn't appeal to me. I'm so glad you enjoyed it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did hesitate to grab this one but it worked out in the end.

      Delete
  3. I like the sounds like this one, especially Jordan and Luke. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think I'd like the reality TV show style romances, but I've read a couple of good ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I would rather read about a reality show than actually watch one though.

      Delete
  5. Left 3 brides? Damn, he has a problem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, there is more to the story.

      Delete
  6. I normally love Lauren Layne's romances but I've been disappointed with the past couple I read so I didn't pick this one up. Now I'm kind of bummed that I didn't. lol! I'm glad to see that you liked this one. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually enjoy Lauren Layne. I think there has only been one book that got less than 4 stars from me. I did enjoy this one.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I really liked the small town setting in this story.

      Delete
  8. I love the whole wedding/TV theme. I still need to read a LL book so I will add this one to the wishlist. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was just a lot of fun. I think you would like this one, Grace!

      Delete
  9. I am yet to read a Lauren Layne book. I am too into the reality tv concept. However. I would probably give this book a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This kind of sounds like a male Runaway Bride -- so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think of that but you are right!

      Delete
  11. I read and enjoyed her Wedding Belle series. This sounds like a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one series that I have not read. I can't believe how quickly she seems to be able to write!

      Delete
  12. Its great when an author we like can get us to & enjoy a theme we usually don't. This looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The storyline to this one makes me laugh! Imagine falling in love with the one guy who has left so many brides at the altar. And all those poor brides who had been left behind in the past D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an interesting premise for sure. It really was a fun read.

      Delete
  14. Ooo I haven't heard of this one before but now I really want to read it. I loved wedding related books! The romance does sound great. I always like when it's a haters to lovers kind of romance. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't really call it a wedding themed book but the topic of marriage and weddings does come up as often as the reality show.

      Delete
  15. Sounds like a cute, fun romance! I hadn't heard of it before, but now I'll have to add it to my TBR. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been wanting to read Lauren Layne and while the basic premise doesn't grab me (runaway groom/tv person) the rest of the blurb sounds pretty great. I love that Luke is a good guy! Plus I could use a book that has me grinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a chance on this one and it worked out. It was a nice read in the end.

      Delete
  17. I'm not a fan of these types of reality shows, but I don't mind reading about them in fiction. This sounds like a lot of fun, and I'm glad you enjoyed it, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was a much bigger fan of the book than I would have been of the TV show.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...