Tuesday, August 29, 2017

New Releases - August 29, 2017 #newreleases #newbooks


It's Tuesday!  That means it is time to make a little bit of room on the bookshelves, load up your ereader, or make your way to your local library.  In other words - It is time to get your hands on a new book!

Here are just a few books that have just been released that you may want to grab soon:


So I Married a Sorcerer by Kerrelyn Sparks

Find it at:
Goodreads | Booklikes | LibraryThing
Growing up on the Isle of Moon, Brigitta knows nothing of her past, except that she is Embraced: born with powers that forced her into hiding. Everything changes when she learns she’s a princess, hidden away from her villainous half-brother who now rules the kingdom. But he knows about Brigitta, and he’ll do anything to get her back. Unless a certain roguish pirate has anything to say about it…

Rupert is both an infamous pirate and a sorcerer with the power to harness the wind. He’s been waiting nineteen years for revenge—and he needs Brigitta to get it. What begins as a kidnapping of the fiery beauty turns into a fierce attraction. But can he win the captive princess’s heart?


Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller

Find it at:
Sallot Leon is a thief, and a good one at that. But gender fluid Sal wants nothing more than to escape the drudgery of life as a highway robber and get closer to the upper-class and the nobles who destroyed their home.

When Sal Leon steals a poster announcing open auditions for the Left Hand, a powerful collection of the Queen's personal assassins named for the rings she wears -- Ruby, Emerald, Amethyst, and Opal -- their world changes. They know it's a chance for a new life.

Except the audition is a fight to the death filled with clever circus acrobats, lethal apothecaries, and vicious ex-soldiers. A childhood as a common criminal hardly prepared Sal for the trials. But Sal must survive to put their real reason for auditioning into play: revenge.

My Absolute Darling by Gabriel Tallent

Find it at:
Goodreads | Booklikes | LibraryThing
A brilliant and immersive, all-consuming read about one fourteen-year-old girl's heart-stopping fight for her own soul.

Turtle Alveston is a survivor. At fourteen, she roams the woods along the northern California coast. The creeks, tide pools, and rocky islands are her haunts and her hiding grounds, and she is known to wander for miles. But while her physical world is expansive, her personal one is small and treacherous: Turtle has grown up isolated since the death of her mother, in the thrall of her tortured and charismatic father, Martin. Her social existence is confined to the middle school (where she fends off the interest of anyone, student or teacher, who might penetrate her shell) and to her life with her father.

Then Turtle meets Jacob, a high-school boy who tells jokes, lives in a big clean house, and looks at Turtle as if she is the sunrise. And for the first time, the larger world begins to come into focus: her life with Martin is neither safe nor sustainable. Motivated by her first experience with real friendship and a teenage crush, Turtle starts to imagine escape, using the very survival skills her father devoted himself to teaching her. The reader tracks Turtle's escalating acts of physical and emotional courage, and watches, heart in throat, as she struggles to become her own hero--and in the process, becomes ours as well.

Shot through with striking language in a fierce natural setting, My Absolute Darling is an urgently told, profoundly moving read that marks the debut of an extraordinary new writer.

Wild Ride Cowboy by Maisey Yates

Find it at:
Goodreads | Booklikes | LibraryThing
He's come back to Copper Ridge, Oregon, to keep a promise—even if it means losing his heart…

Putting down roots in Copper Ridge was never Alex Donnelly's intention. But if there's one thing the ex-military man knows, it's that life rarely unfolds as expected. If it did, his best friend and brother-in-arms would still be alive. And Alex wouldn't have inherited a ranch or responsibility for his late comrade's sister—a woman who, despite her inexperience, can bring tough-as-iron Alex to his knees.

Clara Campbell didn't ask for a hero to ride in and fix her ranch and her life. All she wants is the one thing stubborn, honorable Alex is reluctant to give: a chance to explore their intense chemistry. But Clara has a few lessons to teach him, too…about trusting his heart and his instincts, and letting love take him on the wildest adventure of all.
More Great Books Being Released Today
(Covers link to Goodreads)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32920267-the-chesapeake-bride?ac=1&from_search=true#https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32195037-thirteen-rising?ac=1&from_search=true#https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33296568-here-comes-the-bride?ac=1&from_search=true#https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33225520-tumble-blue?ac=1&from_search=true

What new releases are you excited about this week?

42 comments:

  1. Yaaaasss, so many great books publishing today! I loved So I Married a Sorcerer. Unfortunately Thirteen Rising didn't work for me, but I read two other YA Aug. 29th publications and loved them (Wonder Woman: Warbringer and The Keep of Ages). I can't believe August is almost over!

    Wonderful post! Have a great day, Carole. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to pick up the Wonder Woman book as well. So many great books!

      Delete
  2. definitely a assassin kind of person, i had one wanted to be one myself. but too bad there's no uni for that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice line up of books. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to find more that I want every week!

      Delete
  4. oh you listed some really good ones here. I just loved Kerrelyn Sparks book!! And I am looking forward to picking up Hope Ramsay's book as well. Love that cover, its so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just loved So I Married a Sorcerer! I just wish I had the time to read them all.

      Delete
  5. Mask of Shadows looks awesome and such a pretty cover. I'm hoping I can find a copy of Wonder Woman which came out today. Sometimes my Walmart will get some new releases on Tuesday and that happens to be my shopping night so we will see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably have to read Wonder Woman.

      Delete
  6. These are mostly new to me but I like the look of The Chesapeake Bride. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Mariah Stewart before that this book looks great!

      Delete
  7. Mask of Shadows is one that I am curious about, and The Chesapeake Bride too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. New book goodness. I absolutely must resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Resisting is hard....I hope your willpower is stronger than mine :)

      Delete
  9. I really want to read a Yates book, her romances look so sweet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read one book in this series and enjoyed it. Now to catch up with all the rest.

      Delete
  10. Oh nice, there are a couple there that look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you found something tempting in the group!

      Delete
  11. I've read so many positive early reviews for So I Married a Sorcerer that I definitely added that one to my list. I read Mask of Shadows recently. I hadn't heard of the others on your list yet, but I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to keep up with all of the new books!

      Delete
  12. Looks like a good haul! I just read Mask of Shadows; I thought it was fun, but not entirely original, you know? Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have one of these new books that I received as an ARC. It is always fun to see what is hitting the shelves though. I am glad that you thought Mask of Shadows was fun.

      Delete
  13. Yay, thanks for sharing these awesome sounding books. Wild Ride Cowboy sounds YUMMY. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do want to read more of that series very soon!

      Delete
  14. oh the covers are all so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree ~ there are some great ones here!

      Delete
  15. So I haven't heard of it before but I absolutely love the title So I Married a Sorcerer and now I kinda want to read it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great book, Olivia-Savannah! I hope you get the chance to read it.

      Delete
  16. I'm curious about Mask of Shadows. All the reviews I've seen have been one of two extremes. Either the blogger loved it or hated it so I'm not sure how it would go for me. Great list, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have noticed the same thing, Lauren. I am a bit on the fence with that one.

      Delete
  17. I'm reading Mask of Shadows right now and enjoying it so far! Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying it, Lisa!

      Delete
  18. Finally! A week where I don't want every book out there! I do have the Mariah Stewart and the Maisy Yates looks really good but other than that I think I'm okay!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many great sounding books! Mask of Shadows is on my too read list too. I've been hearing mixed things about So I Married a Sorcerer, but the premise sounds really good. The other two books sound like great reads as well. I hope you are able to read them, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a bit on the fence with Mask of Shadows but I really enjoyed So I Married a Sorcerer.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...