Tuesday, August 15, 2017

New Releases - August 15, 2017 #newreleases #newbooks


It's Tuesday!  That means it is time to make a little bit of room on the bookshelves, load up your ereader, or make your way to your local library.  In other words - It is time to get your hands on a new book!

Here are just a few books that have just been released that you may want to grab soon:


Seeing Red by Sandra Brown

Find it at:
Goodreads | Booklikes | LibraryThing
#1 New York Times bestselling author Sandra Brown delivers nonstop suspense and supercharged sexual tension in a thriller about tainted heroism and vengeance without mercy.

Kerra Bailey is a TV journalist hot on the trail of a story guaranteed to skyrocket her career to new heights. Twenty-five years ago, Major Franklin Trapper became a national icon when he was photographed leading a handful of survivors to safety after the bombing of a Dallas hotel. For years, he gave frequent speeches and interviews but then suddenly dropped out of the public eye, shunning all media. Now Kerra is willing to use any means necessary to get an exclusive with the Major--even if she has to secure an introduction from his estranged son, former ATF agent John Trapper.

Still seething over his break with both the ATF and his father, Trapper wants no association with the bombing or the Major. Yet Kerra's hints that there's more to the story rouse Trapper's interest despite himself. And when the interview goes catastrophically awry--with unknown assailants targeting not only the Major, but also Kerra--Trapper realizes he needs her under wraps if he's going to track down the gunmen . . . and finally discover who was responsible for the Dallas bombing.

Kerra is wary of a man so charming one moment and dangerous the next, and she knows Trapper is withholding evidence from his ATF investigation into the bombing. But having no one else to trust and enemies lurking closer than they know, Kerra and Trapper join forces to expose a sinuous network of lies and conspiracy--and uncover who would want a national hero dead.


Exposed by Lisa Scottoline

Find it at:
A BATTLE FOR JUSTICE PITS PARTNER AGAINST PARTNER...

Mary DiNunzio wants to represent her old friend Simon Pensiera, a sales rep who was wrongly fired by his company, but her partner Bennie Rosato represents the parent company. When she confronts Mary, explaining this is a conflict of interest, an epic battle of wills and legal strategy between the two ensues―ripping the law firm apart, forcing everyone to take sides and turning friend against friend.

SOMETIMES LOYALTY CAN BE LETHAL.

Rituals by Kelley Armstrong

Find it at:
Goodreads | Booklikes | LibraryThing
The fifth book and the exciting conclusion to bestselling author Kelley Armstrong's "impossible-to-put-down" Cainsville series, in which she mixes hard-hitting crime writing with phenomenal world-building to create a brand of fiction all her own.

Olivia Jones must make a choice. Caught between two rival supernatural forces, Liv was granted a brief period in which to make her decision. Now that time has run out. Whichever side she chooses, someone she loves will pay. Her lover, Ricky. Gabriel Walsh, the man she knows she cannot, must not love. Her parents, already trapped in prison.And now there is a new, terrifying power rising - one that doesn't distinguish between good and evil intentions. It feeds on chaos and destroys without mercy. Unless Liv acts fast, no one will survive. In this gripping thriller, international bestselling author Kelley Armstrong brings the Cainsville series to a powerful, richly rewarding climax.

Royally Endowed by Emma Chase

Find it at:
Goodreads | Booklikes | LibraryThing
Logan St. James is a smoldering, sexy beast. Sure, he can be a little broody at times—but Ellie Hammond’s willing to overlook that. Because, have you seen him??

Sexy. As. Hell.

And Ellie’s perky enough for both of them.

For years, she’s had a crush on the intense, gorgeous royal security guard—but she doesn’t think he ever saw her, not really.

To Logan, Ellie was just part of the job—a relative of the royal family he’d sworn to protect. Now, at 22 years old and fresh out of college, she’s determined to put aside her X-rated dreams of pat-downs and pillow talk, and find a real life happily ever after.

The Queen of Wessco encourages Ellie to follow in her sister’s footsteps and settle down with a prince of her own. Or a duke, a marquis…a viscount would also do nicely.

But in the pursuit of a fairy tale ending, Ellie learns that the sweetest crushes can be the hardest to let go.
***
Logan St. James grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, in a family on the wrong side of the law. But these days, he covers his tattoos and scars with a respectable suit. He’s handsome, loyal, brave, skilled with his hands and…other body parts.

Any woman would be proud to call him hers.

But there’s only one woman he wants.

For years he’s watched over her, protected her, held her hair back when she was sick, taught her how to throw a punch, and spot a liar.

He dreams of her. Would lay down his life for her.

But beautiful Ellie Hammond’s off-limits.

Everybody knows the bodyguard rules: Never lose focus, never let them out of your sight, and never, ever fall in love.
More Great Books Being Released Today
(Covers link to Goodreads)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31702742-ferocious?ac=1&from_search=truehttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33670562-the-doll-funeralhttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33984056-a-stranger-in-the-househttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35701186-the-wolf-of-kisimul-castle

What new releases are you excited about this week?

42 comments:

  1. The Doll Funeral catches my eye and is new to me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally caught my eye when I was finding books for this post. I will have to try to read that one.

      Delete
  2. I've got Rituals on hold at my local library but they are closed for a few weeks for remodeling so it may be a while before I get it. I can't wait to see how that series ends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just re-opened my library after it was closed for months for a remodeling. I hope you get your hands on Rituals soon!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I am reading that one right now but haven't made it too far yet. So far so good!

      Delete
  4. A Stranger in the House is one that I want badly. The Doll Funeral, haven't seen it before. I'm off to check out it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quite tempted by those two myself!

      Delete
  5. Royally Endowed actually caught my eye, my mind went down the drain with that awesome cover. But seriously another bodyguard story =I oh well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...It is quite the eye catching cover.

      Delete
  6. I got Rituals delivered this morning. I cannot wait to devour it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should start that series since everyone seems to love it.

      Delete
  7. Hi, I think this is the first time stopping by your blog. Kimberly recommended you on her blog. :) I am a mystery/thriller fan so I thought I would stop by and see what is going on. Some great books coming out this week! :)

    Have a great day!
    Stormi
    Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that you found my blog, Stormi! Kimberly was very kind to mention my blog today. There are a lot of great ones being released to the world today.

      Delete
  8. The doll funeral sounds interesting, looking forward to read it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. I really need to get started on that series. The first one is waiting for me on my kindle.

      Delete
  10. I am super excited for Royally Endowed!! I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to get started on that series. It sounds great!

      Delete
  11. One of these years I need to read Brown and Scottoline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do! I love both of those authors so much. Of course, I like some books more than others but all in all they are two of my favorites.

      Delete
  12. I see quite a few that I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many great new books coming out lately!

      Delete
  13. I really want to start Armstrong's new series but I have to finish Women of the Otherworld first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to read more from Armstrong. I have only read 2 of her books but really liked them.

      Delete
  14. I've got to get caught up on Chase. Such pretty covers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get started with the series.

      Delete
  15. Boy, I need to catch up with a few series . . . Will have to check every book you listed, there are a few authors I enjoyed in the past and new ones I'd definitely like to try!

    Thanks for sharing, and I'm a new follower via 'Bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am behind with so many myself. Thanks so much for the follow :)

      Delete
  16. A Stranger in the House just got on my radar last week, so it's definitely one I want big time. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I actually saw a review for Seeing Red yesterday, and now I'm dying to read it! It sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am reading Seeing Red right now and am really enjoying it. Look for a giveaway on my blog for it soon!

      Delete
  18. They all look like great reads. Been seeing that Paula Stokes book everywhere. The story is exciting I hear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a bit on the fence about that book but am considering picking it up.

      Delete
  19. These all sound so good, Carole! I love Kelley Armstrong and Lisa Scottoline is a good one as well. I will be adding those to my wish list. The other two sound good as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to read more from Kelley Armstrong! I love Scottoline and am amazed by how many books she is able to publish every year.

      Delete
  20. I haven't heard of a lot of them, but I have read a book by Paula Stokes before and I enjoyed it so Ferocious caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only read one of her books. I liked it but didn't love it. The new book is the second book in a duology.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...