Thursday, August 31, 2017

Audiobook Review - Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs @Mercys_Garage @PenguinAudio

Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs
Narrated by Lorelei King
Series: Mercy Thompson #7
Publisher: Penguin Audio
Publication Date: March 5, 2013
Date Read: August 22, 2017 (2nd read)
Source: Purchased - Audible
Length: 10 hours 1 minutes

Mercy Thompson returns in the seventh novel in the number-one New York Times best-selling series.

Mercy Thompson's life has undergone a seismic change. Becoming the mate of Adam Hauptman - the charismatic Alpha of the local werewolf pack - has made her a stepmother to his daughter, Jesse, a relationship that brings moments of blissful normalcy to Mercy's life. But on the edges of humanity, what passes for a minor mishap on an ordinary day can turn into so much more....

After an accident in bumper-to-bumper traffic, Mercy and Jesse can't reach Adam - or anyone else in the pack for that matter. They've all been abducted.

Through their mating bond, all Mercy knows is that Adam is angry and in pain. With the werewolves fighting a political battle to gain acceptance from the public, Mercy fears Adam's disappearance may be related - and that he and the pack are in serious danger. Outclassed and on her own, Mercy may be forced to seek assistance from any ally she can get, no matter how unlikely.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her
My Review

This was another great installments in an excellent series.  I have been working my way through an audio re-read of this amazing series over the course of this year.  It surprises me how much I am enjoying this series during my re-read.  This book isn't one of my favorites in the series but it was really good.  I wanted to listen to this book for hours at a time because I wanted to stay with Mercy and the gang and make sure that everything would work out for them.

This book opens with Mercy and Jesse doing some black Friday shopping.  Mercy gets into a small traffic accident while they were out which really shouldn't have been a big deal.  They realize that there is a problem when they can't reach Adam or any other member of the pack when they call for a ride home.  The entire pack has been abducted.

Mercy is such a strong character and great leader.  She takes her role as Adam's mate seriously and works to keep everyone she safe.  There is quite a bit of excitement as she works to protect the few connected to the pack that were not taken.  She is able communicate with Adam through her mate bond so she isn't completely unaware of things that are happening.

I really enjoyed spending time with some of my favorite characters.  Mercy was incredibly brave and smart in this story.  She is willing to sacrifice her own safety to keep others safe when needed.  Adam was fierce at times but such a great leader and protector.  I do wish that Mercy and Adam hadn't been separated so much during this story.  I really enjoyed the focus on Ben, Tad, and Asil in this book since they are characters that we don't always see a lot of.

Once again Lorelei King does a fantastic job with the narration.  There were a few sections of this book that were told from Adam's point of view and I thought she did a great job with those.  She really does bring Mercy to life.  There is so much emotion that really comes through in her narration.  She is quickly becoming one of my favorite narrators and I look forward to listening to more of her work soon.

I would highly recommend this series to others.  This is my second time experiencing this book but it will not be my last.  It is simply wonderful to find a series of books that you know you will enjoy no matter how many times you read them.  I can't wait to listen to the next book very soon.

The Series - Mercy Thompson
Book 7 - Frost Burned
Click the links to read my reviews for the other books in this series!
About the Author
Photo: © Mike Briggs
#1 New York Times bestselling author Patricia Briggs lives in Washington State with her husband, children, and a small herd of horses.

Author Links: Website | Facebook | Twitter

32 comments:

  1. Its good that you are enjoying this series. I am yet to read this author. I have a lot of catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is one of my favorite authors. Definitely a must read.

      Delete
  2. This was my favourite book in the series! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It keeps up a good standard throughout

      Delete
    2. I completely agree. This is such a well done series.

      Delete
  3. This has been getting great reviews. I haven't started the series yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll eventually get around to reading this series I am glad to see that it's still strong despite the number of books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear that you have been enjoying this series so much. I want to read this author quite a bit. She has been on my list for years. Ever since I started blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think that you would like it! It is so good!

      Delete
  6. This is the last book I read before I got behind. I really need to catch up because I love Mercy and Adam, as well as many of the other crew. Isn't it funny how books remind us of certain things. I borrowed this from my local library and remember reading it at the hospital when my Dad was sick. Funny how we associate different books with different times. Glad you enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that this was the first book that I had to wait a long time to get my hands on. I am not good with keeping up with most series once I have to wait for the next book but I haven't missed one of these yet.

      Delete
  7. Someday I will listen to these, I am still reading them as they release and already have the voices established in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! This series is one of my favorites so I decided to start the re-read a bit early.

      Delete
  8. I am behind you on the audio re-read part. I look forward to this one because I honestly don't remember much about it. I agree about Mercy being a great, sacrificial heroine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the things that I am finding through my re-reads is how poor my memory really is!

      Delete
  9. Looks like a great series. Love that the audio's are good, that makes me want to listen to them. I'll have to put it on my wishlist. :) ~Aleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books are great and the audio is well done. It is such a great series, Aleen!

      Delete
  10. I don't get to do a lot of re-reading...so yep, I'm jealous that you scheduled this in! I need to do the same for some of my favorites...especially when there's a new release since it always seems I can't remember some of the important details when I jump into the next in series. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do almost all of my re-reads through audio. I don't get review copies of audiobooks all that often so I just pick whatever I feel like listening to.

      Delete
  11. I had the same idea as you, I've gotten the first few books in this series in audio as well, and I will indulge in hours and hours spent in Mercy's world :)
    Almost all my re-reads are in audio format as well, as I listen to books in the car.
    I'm glad you keep continuing to enjoy Mercy, Adam and the rest of the gang.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is so good in audio! I know you are going to love listening to it. Audio is such a great way to do a re-read of a favorite book since it really is a new way to experience the book.

      Delete
  12. Every time I see a review of one of this series books I want to cry. I'm so far behind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books will be there when you find the time for them. It is really a great series!

      Delete
  13. Somehow I didn't realize that Lorelei King does the narration! That alone makes me want to listen to these books. Every review I've read makes this series sound better and better. One day I will actually get to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorelei King does a fantastic job with the narration of this series. It really is a great series and the audio is very well done.

      Delete
  14. I love how it wasn't one of your favourite books in the series but it is still so good that it just had to get four stars. I am glad you're still enjoying your audiobook reread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the books in this series are wonderful. I don't think any deserve less than 4 stars.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...