Saturday, June 10, 2017

Stacking the Shelves #73


I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality

This was a pretty easy week.  We really didn't do a whole lot outside of our normal routine which was just fine with me.  My daughter did have an audition for a jazz group but all I really did was get her there on time.  We have our fingers crossed that she will get the spot.  I was pretty busy blogging and feel like I had a pretty good week of reading.

Digital Books

The Woman Who Couldn't Scream by Christina Dodd (NetGalley)
Chasing Christmas Eve by Jill Shalvis (Edelweiss)
Final Girls by Riley Sager (First to Read)
The Wildling Sisters by Eve Chase (First to Read)
It Started With Goodbye by Christina June (Kindle Purchase)
The Brutal Telling by Louis Penny (Kindle Purchase)

I actually downloaded Final Girls and The Wildling Sisters from First to Read last week but forgot to add them to my Stacking the Shelves post.  I requested the Jill Shalvis book a while ago and was really excited to get the approval this week.  I used to read a lot of Christina Dodd's books so I thought I would give her newest a try when I saw it offered on NetGalley.  My daughter helped talk me into buying It Started With Goodbye when it was on sale last weekend.  I have been slowly collecting the Louise Penny series and hope to start reading them soon.

Print Books
The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones (Novl)
I always get really excited when I get surprise books in the mail.  I am looking forward to starting this one.

Book of the Month Club Picks
The Sisters Chase by Sarah Healy 
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
A Million Junes by Emily Henry

I decided to grab a few books from Book of the Month Club this month.  I have actually already read A Million Junes and loved it.  My daughter will be wanting to read this one and I kind of like have it on my shelves.

Here and Gone by Haylen Beck (Blogging for Books)

I have already finished with this book and really enjoyed it.  I have really been very pleased with the selection of books on Blogging for Books lately.

What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

21 comments:

  1. Nice! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your daughter and her jazz group! Nice new reads!! Lots of new to me ones, though I just did see someone else with a Book of the Month Club pick! Hope you enjoy the new reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging for Books has definitely stepped up it's game recently and I love it! They have had a lot of great ones lately. Looks like you have a lot of great books to read. I hope you enjoy them all. I have that Jill Shalvis book on my wishlist already. lol! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to your daughter! I hope you enjoy your new books.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got so many amazing books this week! I'm especially looking forward to reading the Taylor Jenkin Reid's latest.

    Happy reading, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got It Starts With Goodbye on sale too. I am still hoping to get approved for that Jill Shalvis - we will see! Enjoy all these new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many good titles I don't know which to add first :) I don't read much YA but It Started With Goodbye sounds like a nice one, and for my go-to genre, Here and Gone looks like a winner. Thanks for sharing your haul and good luck to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great titles. I'm especially excited for A Million Junes, I've heard so many great things. Happy reading!
    Megan @ http://wanderingsofabookbird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome haul of books. I hope you love them. The Hearts We Sold was a very popular book at BEA.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. some interesting ones there! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love getting books in the mail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great set of books you got there! I hope you enjoy all of these books!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just saw a review for Here and Gone that made me want to pick it up, so I'll be adding that one to the ole TBR! And Final Girls does look good too.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck to your daughter! I hope she gets a spot with the jazz group. My daughter had her second ballet class this morning, and she's loving it so far.

    You've got a great set of new books there, Carole! Shalvis and Penny . . . I can't wait to read their books.

    I hope you have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great haul! I just finished The Hearts We Sold a few weeks ago and IT WAS AMAZING. I really hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
    Have a lovely week.
    Here is my STS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope she gets the spot on the jazz group.

    Hey, nice haul you got. I put in for a few fall releases on NG this week, but it was rather quiet for my book acquisitions.

    Have a great week, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My books this week are politics, history, apocalypse and fantasy which is an interesting mix for me! As I took a few days off the blog I regard myself as 'being on holiday' this week which lets me have a holiday splurge. Sounds like a good excuse really...Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am loving Shalvis' new series. Can't wait to read it.
    http://weliveandbreathebooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for the easy week and the Jill Shalvis :D Hope you have a great coming week and some good reads!

    ReplyDelete
  19. some interesting ones there! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope your daughter gets the place! It sounds like she does an awful lot of different things! So busy. Also, I am glad you managed to get a copy of A Million Junes as you loved it so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Did your daughter get the spot??? I hope so! Good luck!

    OMG I also got The Hearts We Sold! I am so excited - I loved Lloyd-Jones's debut duology. Did you get the little red knitted heart in the package as well? :D

    Have a wonderful weekend, Carole. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...