Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Blog Tour Review - Lost and Found Sisters by Jill Shalvis @JillShalvis @WmMorrowBks

Lost and Found Sisters by Jill Shalvis
Series: Wildstone #1
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Publication Date: June 20, 2017
Date Read: June 18, 2017
Length: 400 pages
Source: Edelweiss

From New York Times bestselling author Jill Shalvis comes her first women’s fiction novel—an unforgettable story of friendship, love, family, and sisterhood—perfect for fans of Colleen Hoover, Susan Mallery, and Kristan Higgins

They say life can change in an instant…

After losing her sister in a devastating car accident, chef Quinn Weller is finally getting her life back on track. She appears to have it all: a loving family, a dream job in one of L.A.’s hottest eateries, and a gorgeous boyfriend dying to slip an engagement ring on her finger. So why does she feel so empty, like she’s looking for a missing piece she can’t find?

The answer comes when a lawyer tracks down Quinn and reveals a bombshell secret and a mysterious inheritance that only she can claim. This shocking revelation washes over Quinn like a tidal wave. Her whole life has been a lie.

On impulse, Quinn gives up her job, home, and boyfriend. She heads up the coast to the small hometown of Wildstone, California, which is just a few hours north, but feels worlds apart from Los Angeles. Though she doesn’t quite fit in right away, she can’t help but be drawn to the town’s simple pleasures…and the handsome, dark-haired stranger who offers friendship with no questions asked.

As Quinn settles into Wildstone, she discovers there’s another surprise in store for her. The inheritance isn’t a house or money, but rather something earth shattering, something that will make her question everything she thought she knew about herself, about her family. Now with a world of possibilities opening up to Quinn, she must decide if this new life is the one she was always meant to have—and the one that could finally give her the fulfillment she’s searched so long for.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her
My Review

What a wonderful book this turned out to be!  Jill Shalvis is quickly becoming one of my favorite contemporary romance authors because her books are consistently good.  This book was even better than I could have hoped.  I was grabbed by the story right away and it just kept getting better.  I ended up reading most of the book in a single day because I just couldn't put it down.  It was one of those books that left me with a big grin when I reached the conclusion and was an utter delight to read.

Quinn is the main focus of this story.  She is getting by one day at a time and not really feeling much of anything after the sudden death of her sister.  She gets some unexpected news that turns her whole life upside down.  She has some really big decisions to make that will have a lasting impact not only on herself but on other people as well.  I liked Quinn a lot.  She was resilient and cared about other people deeply.

Mitch is in Wildstone trying to help his mother get her house in order.  His constant companion is an aging Golden Retriever named Coop.  Along with Coop, Mitch runs into Quinn when she is having an emotional moment and something just seems to click.  They run into each other again later on and just seem to hit it off.  Mitch was such a great character and I loved everything about him.  He really fit with Quinn very well and they had some wonderful chemistry.

The story was really well balanced.  This book had a wonderful romance in it but it wasn't just a romance.  Quinn had some other things going on that were just as life changing.  I really liked that this story was so complex and full.  The secondary characters were wonderfully done.  There was even a bit of humor that gave the story an element of fun.

I would highly recommend this book to others.  This was a really great story about love and completely rediscovering yourself.  I am really excited that this book is the beginning of a new series because I am already looking forward to spending more time with the people of Wildstone.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from William Morrow Paperbacks via Edelweiss.
About the Author

New York Times bestselling author Jill Shalvis lives in a small town in the Sierras full of quirky characters. Any resemblance to the quirky characters in her books is, um, mostly coincidental. Look for Jill's bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold and visit her website for a complete book list and daily blog detailing her city-girl-living-in-the-mountains adventures.

11 comments:

  1. Great review, I have heard so many good things about this title and I am putting this on my wishlist. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will more than likely pick this one up because of my Canine ADHD "Has dog on cover must own" seems to be my new motto. Glad that you mentioned the dog is actually in the book somewhere because I also hate books which use dogs on the cover and then they are nowhere to be found in the pages. Great review and you tied up some loose ends for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I want a cute and wonderful book now too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super! I just got this one and I'm glad to see its great romance, but also something more with the family stuff.

    Thanks, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh. I've been reading a lot of positive feedback with this story. Adding this to TBR. I'm glad you enjoyed this one Carole :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to hear what's inside matched the gorgeous cover! To the wl it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shalvis is one of my faves. Meeting her last year at BEA was one of my highlights. Your review has me looking forward to this new series.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to start this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome review, Carole. I'm planning to buy this book. Been curious with this author for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Glad you loved this, too! I loved Quinn's resilience and Mick was so sweet! And yes, good balance between romance and family story (: Awesome review, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She really is amazing. She just knocks out awesome read after awesome read. Looking forward to this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...