Thursday, June 15, 2017

Audiobook Review - Dirty by Kylie Scott @KylieScottbooks @MacmillanAudio

Dirty by Kylie Scott
Narrated by Andi Arndt
Series: Dive Bar #1
Publisher: Macmillan Audio
Publication Date: April 19, 2016
Date Read: June 3, 2017
Length:  8 hours 17 minutes
Source: Audible Purchase
★★★★☆
The first book in the sexy new "Dive Bar" series by New York Times bestselling author Kylie Scott, where the martinis aren't the only thing that's dirty.

Love—on the rocks….

The last thing Vaughan Hewson expects to find when he returns to his childhood home is a broken hearted bride in his shower, let alone the drama and chaos that come with her.

Lydia Green doesn't know whether to scream or cry in a corner. Discovering the love of your life is having an affair on your wedding day is bad enough. Finding out it's with his best man is another thing all together.

Just when this runaway bride has nowhere left to turn, a handsome stranger offers her a broad, muscular shoulder to cry on. Vaughan is the exact opposite of the picture perfect, respected businessmen she's normally drawn to. This former musician-turned-bartender is rough around the edges and is facing his own crossroads. But Lydia's already tried Mr. Right and discovered he's all wrong--maybe it's time to give Mr. Right Now a chance.

After all, what's wrong with getting dirty?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her
My Review

I really enjoyed this audiobook.  I bought this audio when it was on sale several months ago planning to read it when I was in the mood for a contemporary romance.  I started listening to it when I was ready for a fun romance and it really worked out well for me.  This is the first book by Kylie Scott that I have read so I had no idea what to expect but it turned out to a great experience.  I had so much fun with this book that I found myself finding chores to do around the house so that I would have an excuse to listen to the book just a little bit longer.

The set up in the book was wonderfully done.  My heart broke for Lydia at the same time that I was wanting to laugh at the situation she ended up in.  Lydia decides to run away from her own wedding when she realizes her fiance is having an affair with the best man.  She jumps the fence and climbs into an open window at the house next door.

Vaughan finds her later that day hanging out in his shower and turns out to be a very accommodating host.  They start to bond just a bit before more drama shows up at his doorstep.  Vaughan and Lydia had great chemistry from the very beginning of this story but their relationship never felt rushed.  I really liked the pair together as a couple and it was nice to see how much they really complimented each other.  Lydia just seemed to fit perfectly into Vaughan's life.

Andi Arndt is one of my favorite narrators.   One of the reasons that I decided to buy this audiobook was the fact that she is the narrator.  She did a great job with this book and I had no problems listening to the book for hours at a time.  She performed all of the character voices very well and portrayed a wide range of emotions during the story.  I hope to listen to more books narrated by Andi Arndt soon.

I would recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance.  This story had a great balance of humor and romance and ended up being a whole lot of fun.  I hope to read more of this series from Kylie Scott soon.
About the Author

USA Today bestselling author Kylie Scott is a longtime fan of erotic love stories, rock n' roll, and B-grade horror films. Based in Queensland, Australia she reads, writes and never wastes time surfing the internet.

Author Links: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter

12 comments:

  1. I need to try her books one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when a couple just really clicks and this sounds like a fun read. The description of them meeting because she's just hanging out in his shower is hilarious. I definitely need to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well he certainly sounds like an easy going guy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word. That premise is hysterical!

    Great review. :) I haven't yet tried this author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven''t read Kylie Scott yet. Sounds like I would enjoy this one. Will have to check out the audio now! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! I have listened to most of the Stage Dive books, and I enjoyed Scott's storytelling. Looking forward to this one.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this on my list. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome review, Carole. Glad that you enjoyed it. I love Kylie's writing. Her Stage Dive series is my favorite. I need to read her newer ones though. This book might be the next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. neat that you had this one ready right when you were in the mood for one like it. It does sound fun. I've had my eye on her books for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I loved this book as well and I am so glad that the narrator worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not read any of this author's books, but I always say that I will read one. This one sounds like something I would enjoy, surprisingly! I love bartender male protagonists, for some reasons. ;) Great review, Carole!

    Have a wonderful weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make me want to add this to my audiobook queue! This sounds like a good one, Carole. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...