Saturday, May 20, 2017

Stacking the Shelves #70

I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

This week was fairly nice.  I did have some eye trouble towards the end of the week and am still wondering if my new contacts are the way to go.  I would just go with my glasses but they kind of drive me nuts.  We had a bad storm Friday morning that took out our power for the day and knocked a wall of my shed down.  I guess I will be buying a new shed very soon.

Please be patient while I try to catch up with comments due to the power loss.  They are expecting storms again so I am crossing my fingers that we are able to keep the power on.

Digital Books

Ready to Run by Lauren Layne (NetGalley)
But Then I Came Back by Estelle Laure (NetGalley)
A Most Unlikely Duke by Sophie Barnes (Edelweiss)
Lost Boy by Christina Henry (First to Read)
Wired by Julie Garwood (First to Read)
The Bookshop at Water's End by Patti Callahan Henry (First to Read)
Married With Zombies by Jesse Petersen (Purchased)
Sustained by Emma Chase (Purchased)
After the Night by Linda Howard (Purchased)
The Rose & the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh (Purchased)
Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (Purchased)
Bones of the Lost by Kathy Reichs (Purchased)

I have lost my mind.  I have no excuses for downloading so many books but I do have to say that they all look wonderful.  I cannot wait to read these beauties!

Print Books
Long Black Veil by Jennifer Finney Boylan (Blogging for Books)

I thought that mystery sounds wonderful.  I hope to get to this one right away!

Free Space by Sean Danker (Publisher)

The Diviners by Libba Bray (Won @ A Very Bookish Girl)

This is a book that I have wanted to read for a long time.  I was really excited to win a copy from the lovely Chelsea @ A Very Bookish Girl.

Current Giveaway

Open to U.S. and Canada Residents
Click here to enter for a chance to win a copy of Free Space by Sean Danker!

What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

20 comments:

  1. Sorry about the storm and your shed and power. That stinks!! I jumped on the Estelle Laure book on on NG. Sustained is awesome and I hope you love it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, look at all those great new books! I hope you love them all! I also got an ARC of Wired. I'm really excited about that one! I purchased Truthwitch this week too. I've heard a lot of great things about it. I'm not sure when I will ever get a chance to read it since I'm buried under so many ARCs at the moment tho. lol! Sorry to hear about the loss of power. That really stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our power was out all day Friday. As I write this from Bread Co I was told it came back on, typical! LOL. And I don't do well with our MO weather! Too hot for me and yet I swear I was born here! LOL! You'd think it'd be in my blood to enjoy the heat like my grandmother and she wasn't born here! LOL!

    Nice new reads! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, so many good books! Loved Sustained, The Rose & the Dagger, and Truthwitch. All I can think of when I see the cover of Long Black Veil is my celebortary trip to Paris for my daughter's 16th birthday. I saw that painting in the Louvre, and thought that was a cool thing da Vinci did with the hidden cross. Enjoy all your books and I hope you don't lose power again.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a big snowstorm here on Thursday. It messed up my TV and radio, but at least I got a lot of reading done. Enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm certainly not a fan of storms especially those with high winds. I guess I should be grateful that we don't get hurricanes or tornadoes. I hope you avoid the worst of the storms. Have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great books. I haven't read any of these but I've heard amazing things about Truthwitch and The Diviners. Enjoy!
    Megan @ http://wanderingsofabookbird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great list of books. I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bummer on that storm taking out your power and your eye trouble. My husband had to try two different sets of contacts before he got the right ones to work for him.

    LOL! You lost your mind with all your book snags, but I think a bunch of us were right there with you. I got two at Net Galley and accepted two from authors for review and I got two when I have plenty to read. LOL

    Have a good week, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I grabbed The Bookshop at Water's End as well and already had an ARC of Lost Boy. I love the Married with Zombies books and still need to read the third - they are hilarious. Sorry to hear about your power and your shed - that sucks. Hope you aren't getting hit too badly today and tomorrow either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul this week! I absolutely loved Truthwitch so I hope you love it as well.
    Happy Reading,
    Here is my STS 

    ReplyDelete
  12. the only one I tried is the Petersen one and I liked this series. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about the storm, Carole. I hope everything gets back to normal soon.
    Anyway, Glad to see that you have lots of great looking new books. Happy reading and have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL on your book spree. Sometimes a girl just can't help herself. ;) Darn on the eyes and the shed but yay for a new shed in the end :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh, power loss, that is the worst. You realize how much your life depends on electricity when it goes out. :/

    I loved The Rose & The Dagger and Truthwitch! I'm planning to read A Most Unlikely Duke soon. Sophie Barnes' books are hit-or-miss for me, so we'll see how it goes! I have high hopes for this one though.

    Have a fantastic week, Carole. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We had some storms too, but nothing that bad. I hope the damage wasn't TOO extensive. :(

    I do want to get to Truthwitch one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want to try The Diviners! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness so many new ebooks this week! I hope you can find the time to enjoy reading all of them very soon! I especially have heard good things about the Diviners before :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...