Monday, May 15, 2017

Review - Hunger by Eve Langlais, Kate Douglas, and A.C. Arthur

Hunger by Eve Langlais, Kate Douglas, & A.C. Arthur
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Publication Date: May 16, 2017
Date Read: May 14, 2017
Length: 544 pages
Source: Publisher


Three hot stories about three sexy shifters from a trio of today’s hottest paranormal romance authors, headlined by bestselling author Eve Langlais!

A brand new, never before published novella!

In The Alpha’s Mate, villains aren’t supposed to rescue damsels, and pack alphas are known to have complete control of their wolf. But when Fabian saves a certain lady from drowning, everything he knows gets tossed away and only one thing becomes clear: she’s his mate—and someone wants to kill her. Hell no. Protecting her, though, is only part of his problem. He also has to convince her she belongs to him. In her words, “Hell no.” When she flees, little does she realize this wolf loves to chase. And when he catches the woman he wants? She’ll become the Alpha’s Mate.

Previously published in the 2-in-1 e-original Claimed by the Mate Volume 3 and in print for the first time!

In Dangerous Passions, finding a mate shouldn’t be all that difficult for a sexy werewolf on the prowl. Modern women want romance and seduction, and Feral Passions Resort has served that purpose for providing both for the men of the Trinity Alps pack. Only two are still unmated—alpha leader Traker Jakes and his lieutenant Evan Dark—but danger stalks the women they’ve chosen. Danger that threatens everyone in the pack at Feral Passions.

In Bound to the Wolf, Marena Panos is an attorney with a dark secret that follows her into the mountains and into the bed of a Phelan Sava, a lycan whose strength and shared penchant for pleasure/pain will eventually own her body and soul.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her
My Review

I don't read a lot of anthologies anymore but when this book showed up at my house unexpectedly, I decided to give it a try.  I was pleasantly surprised with the experience overall.  This is a big book and each of the stories were fairly long.  I would say that they were long novellas or even short books depending on how you look at it.  Each of the stories really had a lot to them and it was nice to try out several new to me authors.  I am glad that I decided to read this book.

In the first story, The Alpha's Mate, things get off to an exciting start.  Fabian rescues a woman who is being thrown to her death.  I had a lot of fun reading this section of the book.  Fabian and Vixen were great characters that had a lot of chemistry between them.  It was a pretty intense story and the writing flowed well.  I would definitely read more books set in this world.

The second story, Dangerous Passions, ended up being my favorite of the group.  The story revolved around two couples Evan & Darnell and Trak & Chelo.  I loved this pack of werewolves and really enjoyed their sense of community.  There were a lot of characters in this story but everything really worked well together.  I liked that the story followed two different couples each having a different set of obstacles to tackle.  I really liked the chemistry between each of the couples and liked how they worked together and communicated with each other.  I would love to read more about this group of wolves.

Unfortunately, Bound to the Wolf didn't as well for me as the other two parts of the book.  I thought that the story started out strong with Marena's attack.  I also really liked Phelan's character when we first met him.  I just really never connected with the world this story was set in.  I think I would have liked the book more if it had only focused on Lycans but with the addition of Zeus and other things just became too much.  I didn't completely feel the chemistry between the characters and thought that the sex became the main focus of the story.

Overall, this book was a win for me and I would recommend it to others.  It was a nice way to sample some writing by a few new to me authors.  I will definitely consider reading more from this group in the future.

I received review copy of this book from St. Martin's Press.
About the Authors

EVE LANGLAIS is a New York Times bestselling Canadian author who loves to write hot romance. She enjoys strong alpha male heroes, shifters, and a happily ever after.

KATE DOUGLAS lives in California and loves “happily ever after” endings.

A.C. ARTHUR was born and raised in Baltimore, where she currently lives with her husband and three children. Determined to bring a new edge to romance, she continues to develop intriguing plots, sensual love scenes, racy characters, and fresh dialogue.

13 comments:

  1. I love it when a book shows up unexpectedly, what a nice surprise and a bonus that you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthologies are great when you can't commit to a series just yet. Also, variety! This sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful surprise indeed. Glad you enjoyed the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good that it worked out well. At first, I thought I had this antho, but it's a similar one these authors did, Wild. Hopefully that one will be just as good when I get the chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find I am not satisfied with anthologies, so I rarely pick them up. Glad that some of the stories were winners.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's too bad about the third one. I got this one, too, then it promptly got wet. *hangs head* The third story is actually the one that got messed up so maybe I'll pull that bit off and read the first two since they were good. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to see you enjoyed this one. It's on my to be read pile, too. :)

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not much of a shifter reader but I like the sound of this anthology. It could help me step out of my comfort zone a little without committing to a full length book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm...i'm curious now. Don't mind about a collection of stories as long as they're all interesting. Too bad about the third one but at least the first two were good. Would like to read these and see how I like the authors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't read very many anthologies, I seem to get easily bored with them. Thankfully you had some you liked. Thanks for review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When it comes to anthologies I mostly end up with mixed feelings as well. There's usually one or two that I really enjoyed, and then the rest fall horribly short and I'm not sure what to rate the whole collection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anthologies are usually 50/50 for me but they are a great way to discover new authors.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...