Monday, April 10, 2017

Review - Walk of Shame by Lauren Layne @_laurenlayne @readloveswept

Walk of Shame by Lauren Layne
Series: Love Unexpectedly #4
Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept
Publication Date: April 18, 2017
Date Read: April 9, 2017
Source: NetGalley

Sparks fly between a misunderstood New York socialite and a cynical divorce lawyer in this lively standalone rom-com from the USA Today bestselling author of Blurred Lines and Love Story.

Pampered heiress Georgianna Watkins has a party-girl image to maintain, but all the shopping and clubbing is starting to feel a little bit hollow—and a whole lot lonely. Though Georgie would never admit it, the highlights of her week are the mornings when she comes home at the same time as her uptight, workaholic neighbor is leaving to hit the gym and put in a long day at the office. Teasing him is the most fun Georgie’s had in years—and the fuel for all her naughtiest daydreams.

Celebrity divorce attorney Andrew Mulroney doesn’t have much time for women, especially spoiled tabloid princesses who spend more time on Page Six than at an actual job. Although Georgie’s drop-dead gorgeous, she’s also everything Andrew resents: the type of girl who inherited her penthouse instead of earning it. But after Andrew caps one of their predawn sparring sessions with a surprise kiss—a kiss that’s caught on camera—all of Manhattan is gossiping about whether they’re a real couple. And nobody’s more surprised than Andrew to find that the answer just might be yes.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her
My Review

I enjoyed reading this story.  I needed a book that I was almost positive that I would enjoy so I immediately started reading this book.  Yeah, Lauren Layne's work has become an almost guaranteed good read for me.  There is just something about the way she is able to blend sexy and sweet into a romantic story that leaves a smile on your face that I just cannot get enough of.  This book ended up being as good as I hoped it would be.

This book is listed as being the fourth book in the Love Unexpectedly series but there is really no connection between the books in this series at all. Readers can feel free to start anywhere you want with this series and read them in any order since they all function as stand alone novels.

This was an opposites attract kind of story.  Georgie and Andrew are very different from each other.  Georgie is a socialite who spends her time working on charity events and her nights going out on the town with her friends.  Andrew is a top divorce lawyer who works hard and is very regimented.  Georgie and Andrew tend to see each other in their building's lobby at 5 am when she is coming home from her evening and he is leaving to work out at the gym.  Total opposites.

I loved the banter between Georgie and Andrew right from the start.  Georgie is much more practiced at the back and forth but I loved how Andrew was able to keep up.  It becomes evident quite quickly that this pair of individuals are very attracted to each other and the chemistry between then was wonderful.  It was nice watching Georgie pull Andrew out of his uptight shell and I loved how perfectly ridiculous they really were together.

I would highly recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance.  This book is sweet, sexy, funny, and charming.  I can't wait to see what Lauren Layne comes up with next!

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via NetGalley.
Love Unexpectedly Series
Book #1 - Blurred Lines - My Review
Book #2 - Good Girl - My Review
Book #3 - Love Story - My Review
Book #4 - Walk of Shame
About the Author
Lauren Layne is the USA Today bestselling author of more than a dozen contemporary romance novels. Prior to becoming an author, Lauren worked in e-commerce and web-marketing. A year after moving from Seattle to NYC to pursue a writing career, she had a fabulous agent and multiple New York publishing deals. Lauren currently lives in Manhattan with her husband and plus-sized Pomeranian. When not writing, you’ll likely find her running (rarely), reading (sometimes), or at happy hour (often).

Author Links: Website | Goodreads | Twitter | Facebook

14 comments:

  1. Oh glad this can be read as stand alone! I just read another positive review for this but wasn't sure if I had to read the other books first. Glad you enjoyed it.Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it when books in a series can be read as a stand alone. Also you got me at opposites attract! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for something light and fun, too so I might have to see if this is available for request still.

    Awesome review, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do they look like they are both happy to have been slapt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every review of Lauren Layne's books makes me want to read them even more. I love that they've become almost a guaranteed read for you. It's so awesome to find those! This sounds absolutely adorable and like such a fun read! I'm glad to know that it can be read as a standalone though just based off the covers I would have had no idea it was part of a series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of Lauren Layne's work yet and it sounds like I've been missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Lauren Layne's books! Blurred Lines is one of my absolute favorites. The past couple I read of hers I didn't absolutely love, so I'm glad to see that you enjoyed this one! I'll have to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am yet to read anything written by Lauren Layne. I have heard great things about her books and this one sounds like fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a while since I've read her but I do love her books. She's great at doing opposites attract :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read two books from her, one hit, and one miss. But this one sounds so good. I love the blurb, and I do love a good opposites attract story!

    Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. When you need a pick me up read, it's so good to have a steady author you can rely on to love. I love banter in my romance novels as well, so it makes me happy to see that so present in this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun sounding series! It's always nice to have a go-to author when you need something good ;) I really should check out Lauren Layne! And yay for banter and opposites attract story, my fave! Lovely review, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been on the rocks with contemporary romances lately but this sounds totally cute. I know there is a lot of love for this author

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read two books in this series. Blurred Lines really knocked me out. I loved it!
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...