Saturday, March 11, 2017

Stacking the Shelves #60

I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

Nothing too exciting happened at my house this week.  My daughter had a band concert on Tuesday night and I quickly remembered how much I hate sitting on gym bleachers.  The concert was great but the seating needs some work.  We also had parent teacher conferences to go to on Wednesday which took up a good part of the evening.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to do much reading this week.

The only really exciting part of the week is that my niece had a baby girl on Friday so I am now officially a Great-Aunt.  I can't wait to get the chance to meet her after she goes home from the hospital.

Digital Books


Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop (Library)
The Sinner by Amanda Stevens (Kindle Purchase)

I picked up The Sinner when it was the deal of the day this week.  I now have most of the books in this series so I need to make some time to read them soon.  I grabbed Marked in Flesh from my library and hope to finish up this wonderful series in the next week or so.

Print Books
Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye (Won @ Mad Book Love)

I was excited to win a copy of Jane Steele from Myndi over at Mad Book Love this week.

Sassy told me that she is tired of the dogs getting mentioned on the blog and feels a little left out.  She decided that she should help show off the books this week.  She was so excited about Jane Steele that she started reading it right away.

Sometimes you just have to listen to the cat :)
What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

20 comments:

  1. This was a week of buying more apocalypse books and a few celebrity biographies that have good write ups. Sorry you didn't get much reading done-lets hope for good reading next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Your cat is so cute! Congratulations on becoming a great-aunt! That's so exciting! Sinner looks like it's going to be super creepy. I like that cover. Hope you have a great weekend, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, you're cat is sneaking a peek! :D And congrats on winning! I've read great things about this book before. I hope you enjoy it!. Have a great weekend, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the win! You're on a roll lately! LOL! I sooo need to get caught up with Anne's series! So behind!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being a Great Aunt!! Your cat is so cute :) Enjoy your new books and have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cat pictures are so adorable! <3 I hope you'll enjoy all your books.

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, cute kitty. Congratulations on becoming a great-aunt! Enjoy your books.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many wonderful books. Your cat looks like she means business not to be left out. I think she wants to read Jane Steele very badly. Have a lovely weekend.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many seem to love Marked in Flesh. I'm curious!!!
    Glad that you have a lot of great books to read, Carole. And your cat is so adorable!! :-D
    Congrats on being a great-aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great photos of the cat! :-) I hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry you didn't get to much of your reading, but glad your week was a steady one. Neat books you got. I need to start both of those series. Ah, yes, listening to the cat is a wise choice and doesn't she look pleased with her book.

    Have a great week, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awe such a cute kitty. I love the name too :)
    Great haul this week, have a good weekend.
    Here is my STS 

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your cat is so beautiful!! I hope you enjoy Jane Steele and the other books you hauled :)

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice pictures!I didn't know about this book, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the niece and the books! Also, your cat looks like she lives up to her name. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, that copy of Jane Steele is so interesting! I love the blue! I do like the black cover better, but this one is great. Congrats on the new addition to the family!

    I hope you enjoy all of your new books! Have a fabulous week, Carole. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol - yes, bleachers are a pain. Literally. Congrats to you and the family for the new baby. <3 Haha - Tell Sassy that we don't need dogs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah yes, gym bleachers! Glad the concert was good! Oh I need to catch up on The Others! Hope you enjoy your new books and cute cat!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww, your kitty kat looks so cute with that book there! And yay for another one in the Anne Bishop series. I know how much you are enjoying reading all of those.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...