Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday - Fireblood @elly_blake @lbkids @TheNovl

 Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Waiting on Wednesday pick is:


Fireblood by Elly Blake
Series: Frostblood Saga #2
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: September 12, 2017

In this action-packed sequel to Frostblood, the future of Ruby's world and a court ruled by the love of her life depends on the uncovered secrets of her past..

Against all odds, Ruby has defeated the villainous Frost King and melted his throne of ice. But the bloodthirsty Minax that was trapped inside is now haunting her kingdom and everyone she loves. The answers to its demise may lie to the south in Sudesia, the land of the Firebloods, and a country that holds the secrets to Ruby's powers and past....

Despite warnings from her beloved Arcus, Ruby accompanies a roguish Fireblood named Kai to Sudesia, where she must master her control of fire in a series of trials to gain the trust of the suspicious Fireblood queen. Only then can she hope to access the knowledge that could defeat the rampaging Minax--which grows closer every moment. But as sparks fly in her moments alone with Kai, how can Ruby decide whom to trust? The fate of both kingdoms is now in her hands.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her

Pre-Order:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | BAM!


Why Am I Waiting?
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Frostblood, and can't to keep reading about Ruby, Arcus, and everything going on in their world.  I am really happy to see that this book is coming out before the end of the year so the wait shouldn't be too bad. 

What are you waiting for this week? 

14 comments:

  1. I still haven't read the first one, but I'm hoping to get my hands on a copy soon. I hope you enjoy this one when it comes out, and the wait isn't too long for you :)
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
  2. New to me series, but I do love an exciting fantasy plot so I'll have to check out book one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to read the first one. Looking forward to it, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to reading this book as well! Really hoping there won't be a love triangle. o_o I hope you enjoy Fireblood when you get the chance to read it, Carole!

    Have a great week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of this series before but it sure sounds like a pretty interesting read. Plus, those cover is just too good to just ignore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome cover. I need to read the first one but I'm glad to see the covers are consistently gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes. This book is on my TBR after I read Frostblood and really enjoyed it. It's weird that the release date is in the same year, but I'm not complaining. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yessss!! Sooo cannot wait for this one! I adored Frostblood!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you liked the first book so much, it makes sense to be eager to read the sequel! I hope this ends up in your hands soon upon release!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read the first one though the title sounds super familiar. This does sound like a good read though way outside my comfort zone - that's not a bad thing though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aahh, I really need to read the first book soon! also, love that cover!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that cover! I really need to read this series! Great pick Carole! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a really awesome cover. I'll have to look up book one :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...