Saturday, February 25, 2017

Stacking the Shelves #58



I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

This week was incredibly busy.  I think I like slow weeks much better than these busy weeks.  I had a whole list of things that I needed to do last Saturday but I had an ocular migraine that pretty much blinded me for a bit and got in the way.  On Sunday, I went with a group of friends to the Bon Jovi concert.  I had a great time but I had a hard time getting up for work the next morning.  My daughter had a band concert on Wednesday night that was fun to watch.  I spent Thursday getting things in order for my daughter to pack to leave for a band trip to Chicago for this weekend.

I did my best at visiting other blogs this week but I may have missed a few just due to the craziness of the week.  I have my fingers crossed that next week will be a bit slower so I can find a little more time to read and do bloggish things.

Digital Books


One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus (NetGalley)
The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness (Kindle Purchase)
The Falconer by Elizabeth May (Kindle Purchase)
Earthrise by M.C.A. Hogarth (Kindle Freebie)
In Farleigh Field by Rhys Bowen (Kindle First)
Murder in Paradise Bay by Jen Talty (Won @ Delighted Reader)

I only added one review book this week.  I am pretty excited to read One of Us is Lying so I was happy to get my hands on it.  The Rest of Us Just Live Here and The Falconer were on sale so I decided to add them to my vast kindle library.  Some of my Goodreads friends really liked Earthwise so I grabbed it while it is free.  I chose the Rhys Bowen book for my Kindle First pick.  I was thrilled to win Murder in Paradise Bay and am looking forward to reading it.

Audio Books


Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs (Audible Purchase)
Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs (Audible Purchase)

I have been listening to the same audio book all year but I finally finished this week so I rewarded myself with a couple of books that I can't wait to listen to (and they are a reasonable length!).  Mercy Thompson is such a great series and I am looking forward to continuing my re-read of the series.

What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

19 comments:

  1. Wow that is a busy week!! I bet the Bon Jovi concert was so much fun though. Lots of good book you got this week!! Enjoy them and hope you have a slower week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mercy. I've still to read book nine, still to buy book ten! It would be nice to get a new Alpha & Omega novel soon! I've been disappointed by recent reads so I NEED a good book this week! Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice! I never did see Bon Jovi in concert, but I can be picky about what I want to see in concert since they're so expensive! LOL! Glad you had fun though! Nice new reads too! Some mostly new to me ones but I hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh looks like you had a great week...and just love Bon Jovi. Hope you had fun. I do need to read Patricia Briggs soon, I have heard some great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope next week is less crazy for you. Headaches are the worst. Happy reading!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about the ocular migraine. I get them too and they are absolutely awful. Glad you got to enjoy the Bon Jovi concert tho! I've somehow still never seen him live. I hear he has a great stage show. I also picked up the Patrick Ness book! It sounds really good!

    Hope you have a great (and migraine free) week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome haul. I hate migraines of any kind. They are agonizing. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get round to reading most of these too! Hope you enjoy them.

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Busy is good, though overwhelming is not! Hopefully this coming week slows down for you. I loved The Falconer! And its sequel, The Vanishing Throne. I got The Fallen Kingdom and I really want to start it now because the trilogy is SO addicting! I hope you enjoy The Falconer - and all of your new books!

    Have a lovely weekend, Carole. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah, that sounds like a very busy week. I like a good balance of busy and slow ones. Neat to see your daughter's concert.

    Oh, very nice haul. I think The Rest of Us Just Live Here and The Falconer sound great. Super that you won one from the TGPUL event. :) Oh, and I do love Mercy Thompson series, too. I've listened to Ironkissed as my last re-read audio, too.

    Hope you have a great week coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm super excited about In Fairleigh Field! I love anything with a Bletchley Park setting and I always enjoy Rhys Bowen's books. I hope you love it! Between the concert and the migraine I bet you were worn out on Monday! Hopefully this week will be much calmer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tend to prefer the quieter, slower weeks too. I am sorry for your migraine. The Bon Jovi concert sounds like so much fun. I wouldn't mind seeing them in concert. Sounds like your daughter has been busy too!

    I hope you have a slower week this week. I have a training, but no Girl Scouts, thank goodness. This week will be the slow week before my very busy week. I'd better enjoy it while I can! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any of these books, Carole, but I'm curious about "One of Us Lying". wow interesting. Looking forward to your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd hoped that the Mercy Thompson books were on sale on Audible but no dice. Sigh.

    I still need to catch up.

    Happy reading, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Boo about the migraine. Sometimes there is a good busy, but slow in much nicer. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Mercy and I really enjoyed The Falconer as well! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yay! Love that series by Briggs. The audio is fantastic, too. Goodness on the busy week. Hope this next is a little calmer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. One of Us is Lying and The Rest Of Us Just Live here are both books I want to read too, so I hope you enjoy reading them! And I am sorry to hear about that horrible migraine :( But the Bon Jovi concert sounds like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope your migraine has left for good.They can knock you down for days.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...