Saturday, February 18, 2017

Stacking the Shelves #57



I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

What a busy week!  I want to apologize for not being able to visit as many blogs as I would have liked this week.  I tried but there are only so many hours in the day.  My daughter is in the pit for her school's musical which started showing this week.  The play is 3 hours long which is crazy.  I am ready for life to get back to normal next week when the play is over. 

Digital Books


Spectacle by Rachel Vincent (NetGalley)
Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda (NetGalley)
Long Road Home by Marie Meyer (NetGalley

Woo Hoo!  I got my hands on a copy of Spectacle!  I am really excited about reading this one.  Best Day Ever looks promising.  I decided to read Long Road Home largely because it is set in Missouri and I don't see too many books set in my state.

Print Books

I was so excited to learn that I won Otto Von Trapezoid and the Empress of Thieves.  This sounds like a quirky, fun read.  The author was super nice and asked me if I wanted him to write anything in the book so I told him to surprise me. 


By Your Side by Kasie West (Uppercase Box)

My daughter and I wanted to try the Uppercase Box.  This month's book is By Your Side.  The book is a signed hardcover but it reminds me of the old book club edition books with a really thin dust jacket.  It also came with a necklace (which already broke), some tea (which we will never drink).  I am glad we tried it but I am not impressed.  I just don't really think I even came close to getting my money's worth in this deal.  The book is really more my daughters kind of thing.  She will read it and I might pick it up someday.

What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

19 comments:

  1. This week was manic for me as well...I hate weeks that leave you drained and still behind on stuff that needs to be done! I didn't get to as many blogs as I wanted either and I hate that! Hopefully this week will be better! Enjoy your books and I hope you get some good reading time in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you didn't end up enjoying the Uppercase Box. That's a bummer. I have been wanting to read something by Kasie West, because I've read a lot of great reviews for her books, so I picked up The Fill-In Boyfriend. We'll see how it goes!

    I saw Best Day Ever and thought about requesting it, but talked myself out of it. lol! I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a busy week!!! Sometimes they are good. Hope yours gets back to normal. I am always curious about the book boxes but I never really care for other stuff in them. I think that is why I like BOTM. Hope you enjoy your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh!! Spectacle!! I loooove Rachel's books! Though it seems I'm always turned down for them when I request them! So unfair! LOL! No worries though because I'm enjoying reading from my all my back titles in my TBR pile! Hope you enjoy all the new reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay! Glad you got the Otto book. That one did sound quirky and fun.

    That play your daughter's playing for is quite a long one. But neat that she gets to do it.

    Hmm, I've been curious about the book boxes, but I've never got one. Sorry that one was a meh one for you.

    Have a good week, Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you’ve been busy. I’m always tempted to try subscription boxes, but I’m never sure if I’ll get my money’s worth out of them. Usually, I’d just rather buy the book and not get all the extra stuff. Enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like you got some great books. Subscription boxes are hit or miss. I'm glad yours has been a great hit for you. Have a lovely weekend.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh! Spectacle! I need to see if I can get a copy from NG.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You definitely had a busy week! Family comes first, always. I got Spectacle last week - I'm excited to start it, hopefully next month! I feel like I've been waiting for that one for forever. o_o I loved By Your Side! Though it's not a new favorite, it did not disappoint. I'm looking forward to reading Lucky in Love. :D

    Have a lovely weekend, Carole! =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want by your side so bad it sounds so good. I am really intrigued by Spectacle. Have a great week.

    Megan @reading away the days

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely understand...I think for so many of us its been a crazy week. Glad you got some good books here though. Hope you enjoyed Love by your side.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm super jealous of Spectacle, I need to get my hands on a copy.
    I hope you enjoy your new books, and I hope next week is better and more relaxing for you :)
    Here is my STS 

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a super busy week. Hope you get a reprieve soon. So glad you got Spectacle as well. I have high hopes for it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's too bad about the Uppercase box. I love subscription boxes and would love to try a book one but haven't been overwhelmed by the one's I've seen. I think I would be a bit underwhelmed too. I did get a Box of Books about Books from Out of Print which I really loved but it's not a subscription box. I wish they would change them up more so I could get more! Enjoy your new reads and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh the books are new to me! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So jealous of your Uppercase box. I really wish I had the money to do a subscription service. I want that swag and the signed books that come with it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A 3 hour play, wowza. Have you found a subscription box that is worth the money? I'm always on the lookout but haven't found one I think I'd love just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's fine! Real life is allowed to take over sometimes. And wow, a three hour long play is a long one! I hope you've had the chance to go see it once, and been able to enjoy it. I also like the looks of those books. I've heard a lot of good things about By Your Side.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for pretty new reads! And ack on being so busy. I so understand. I've visited like 2 blogs this week and finally (at 530am) getting to visit a few more. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...