Saturday, February 11, 2017

Stacking the Shelves #56



I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

This was a crazy week in terms of weather!  We had temperatures in the 70's a couple of days (which I loved!) and I had to drive home from work with snow on my car on another day (which I did not love).  I am really caught up at work so I was able to sneak out a few hours early on a couple of afternoons which was absolutely wonderful. 

Digital Books


Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray (NetGalley)
One Perfect Lie by Lisa Scottoline (NetGalley)
Under Her Skin by Adriana Anders (Kindle Purchase)

So much for no new ARCs!  I couldn't resist Defy the Stars when I received an email that it would be a Read Now book for a short time.  Just look at that pretty cover!  Lisa Scottoline is an author that I almost always enjoy so I am looking forward to her newest, One Perfect Lie

Print Books
.

The Fire Child by S.K. Tremayne (Grand Central Publishing)

I enjoyed S.K. Tremayne's earlier book, The Ice Twins, and am looking forward to reading this book very soon.



Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough (Book of the Month)
The Animators by Kayla Rae Whitaker (Book of the Month)
 The Trespasser by Tana French (Book of the Month)

There is so much that I love about the Book of the Month club!  I love that you can pick your book from the month's 5 choices and if you want extra books they are $9.99 each.  Shipping is included.  I also like the fact that you can skip on the months that the books do not appeal to you. There aren't any extras in the box and the books do have the Book of the Month symbol on them in several places but overall I think this is a great box.

Current Giveaway

What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

35 comments:

  1. I've got a small haul this week...just zombies, urban fantasy and an apocalypse...We're having a bit of a cold spell so I'm hiding indoors and just reading and blogging! Your Book of the Month club sounds better than some of the monthly options out there, being able to choose your book and not having to buy every month. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying the Book of the Month club. Sounds like it has been a good time of year to hide inside!

      Delete
  2. I've been seeing Defy the Stars here and there and I must say I'm loving the sound of it. I hadn't heard of it before today so now I really want it. :D

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to be a popular book this week :)

      Delete
  3. Defy the Stars has such a beautiful cover! :-) I hope you enjoy your books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the weather was all over the place. Fun to dress for and drive in, for sure.

    Oh, nice haul there. Under Her Skin looks good. Hope you like them all.

    Have a good week, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, from 70s to snow. That's a leap. You know, I'm more and more tempted every month to get a subscription to Book of the Month. That is a really great box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 70s are perfect...snow not so much. I do love getting my box of books each month.

      Delete
  6. These posts always cause me to go request crazy on NetGalley. I just requested Defy the Stars!

    Danica @ Shelves of Spines
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cover for Defy The Stars!!!! I read Claudia Gray's Evernight series and loved it! Can't wait to read this! Hope you enjoy your books :)
    Kariny @ kariny's boox frenzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will be my first Claudia Gray book...at least I think it will. I am looking forward to it.

      Delete
  8. Our temps haven't been quite as crazy as yours but they've been close. I'm not loving it because I keep dressing for the weather the day before and either freezing or melting! The Lisa Scottoline is tempting me (would you believe I've never read her!). The Book of the Month Club does look like a great deal and a great box. I need to go look at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always bring clothing options with me to work. Layers that I can take away as needed since the heat isn't always reliable. It is hard to plan with this crazy weather.

      Delete
  9. Awesome haul of books. Defy the Stars is so awesome. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am eager to get One Perfect Lie...and I enjoyed Behind Her Eyes. Thanks for sharing.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really looking forward to both of those books.

      Delete
  11. Awesome haul! I am hearing some great things about Defy the Stars so hopefully you'll enjoy reading it along with the others!
    Here's my Stacking The Shelves post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Haul! Defy the Stars looks really interesting!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah the weather was nuts this week! It was in the 60's then we got the snowstorm. Now its been cold and sunny. Can't wait for spring! I got my first BOTM after I got the Groupon you talked about. I got the Animators too. Hope we both enjoy it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are happy with the Book of the Month! The Groupon was such a great deal. This was my final month with the Groupon but I think I will probably continue for a bit longer.

      Delete
  14. Defy the Stars has such a pretty cover! It sounds really good. I read the Ice Twins and enjoyed it too, so I'm excited to hear what you think about the new book. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fire Child does look like a great story and I am looking forward to it. Thanks, Julie!

      Delete
  15. I've been seeing Defy the Stars a lot - it looks like LB did a round of approvals this week! I didn't request the book but I'm curious about it. Gray's books are often hit-or-miss for me, so I'm not quite sure I want to jump into a new series by her (yet). :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous weekend, Carole. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got the email about Defy the Stars, but I knew I wouldn't be able to read it anytime soon. I'm just (impatiently) gonna wait until it comes out, so I can have that pretty cover on my shelf. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Defy The Stars really has a beautiful cover! I need to read up about that one :0

    Hope you'll enjoy all your new lovelies :D

    Yasmine @ Swissbookworm
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a few books this week on account of I haven't done a book haul post in a while.

    Happy reading, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anders' book looks amazing. It's been weird weather-wise here. We had 25 as a low this week and then today was 80 for our high. lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wanted to get Defy the Stars, but I made myself skip it for now. Great haul!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like you got a lot of new brilliant books to enjoy! I especially like the sound of Claudia Gray's new novel. I love all of her books, so I can't help but moon over that cover and wish I had it too. Happy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...