Monday, February 27, 2017

Review - Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs @Mercys_Garage @AceRocBooks

Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs
Series: Mercy Thompson #10
Berkley Publishing Group - Ace
Publication Date: March 7, 2017
Date Read: November 13, 2016
Source: NetGalley

In the #1 New York Times bestselling Mercy Thompson novels, the coyote shapeshifter has found her voice in the werewolf pack. But when Mercy's bond with the pack and her mate is broken, she'll learn what it truly means to be alone...

Attacked and abducted in her home territory, Mercy finds herself in the clutches of the most powerful vampire in the world, taken as a weapon to use against alpha werewolf Adam and the ruler of the Tri-Cities vampires. In coyote form, Mercy escapes only to find herself without money, without clothing, and alone in the heart of Europe...

Unable to contact Adam and the rest of the pack, Mercy has allies to find and enemies to fight, and she needs to figure out which is which. Ancient powers stir, and Mercy must be her agile best to avoid causing a war between vampires and werewolves, and between werewolves and werewolves. And in the heart of the ancient city of Prague, old ghosts rise...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30687916-silence-fallen?from_search=true
My Review

This book!  Oh how I loved this book.  This is such an amazing series that seems to be getting better and better with each book.  I started reading this book the moment I had it downloaded on my ereader and finished it less than 24 hours later.  I just couldn't put it down.  I had to know that things would work out for Mercy, Adam, and the whole gang.  This is the kind of book that I just love to read.

This is the tenth book in the Mercy Thompson series which I do recommend reading in order.  The relationships between the characters have grown and developed over the course of the series and readers really need that knowledge to get the most out of this book.  The series is absolutely amazing so you really don't want to miss any of it anyway.

This story is a little different than what I have come to expect from this series.  Different in a good way though.  Much of this book occurs away from home and I have to admit that this worried me.  Have no fear.  The awesomeness of this series is still there it just happens in a different location.  The key characters from the series all do play a part in this book even though it occurs far from home.  I actually think that the change in setting was a plus in this book since it added a new and unknown element.

Another difference that I was thrilled to see in this book is that part of the story is told from Adam's point of view.  I was incredibly excited to get to read some of this story from Adam's perspective.  We have had the opportunity to see so much of Adam over the course of the series and I found it really nice to finally get to spend some time in his head.  This story really only would work well with another point of view and I am really glad that it came from Adam.

This book starts off with a bang.  Actually, it starts off with cookies and then quickly gets exciting when Mercy is kidnapped and taken halfway around the world to Prague.   Mercy is thought to be very powerful by her kidnappers and she must figure out how to outsmart them in order to save herself.  The kidnappers have a head start but Adam isn't too far behind and he is willing to do what it takes to save his mate.  There are some pretty awesome vampires, werewolves, and ghosts among other things.  There were a few surprises along the way and at least one twist that totally floored me.

I would highly recommend this book to others.  This is a book that I will definitely be reading again.  Probably quite a few times.  This is a truly great series that is dear to my heart.  I can't wait to read more books about Mercy, Adam, and the gang as soon as I can get my hands on them.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Berkley Publishing Group via NetGalley.

About the Author
Photo: © Mike Briggs
#1 New York Times bestselling author Patricia Briggs lives in Washington State with her husband, children, and a small herd of horses.

Author Links: Website | Facebook | Twitter

11 comments:

  1. I think I'm gonna have to really start over on this series. I've read the first 2 books, and It was during one of my bad moments, so I think that had something to do with me not continuing. You know me, Carole. I will binge read A series quick. I even have the first 6 books, so I think I'll give it another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow haven't heard of this book. Sounds amazing! Will def give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! I loved this one, too. Mercy's stories are the highlight of my year and I devour them just as fast. Neat to see her over in Europe this time and I loved getting Adam's story line, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read a Patricia Briggs book yet. I need to. I've heard nothing but fantastic things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing that a series is still so strong on book 10. Glad you loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to read Patricia Briggs for awhile but decided to try Anne Bishop first. I have her first book coming up but I'm thinking Patricia Briggs will have to be next year. How can I resist a series that's still so strong on book 10? Plus I love that there's a different POV!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really think Briggs can do no wrong. I have seen so many great 5 star reviews of all of her books, and this one is no different at all! I really am glad that you could love this one so much ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard that Briggs has done a tremendous job with this series, and that this couple is awesome together. Definitely need to try it out sometime. Glad you had so much fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patricia Briggs is one of those authors who has a bazillion books published and there is a good chance I'll enjoy her books, but I've not read anything by her. Briggs, Jeanine Frost, Nalini Singh, Ilona Andrews... yeah, all of the big names. This series is so long already! I'm glad you enjoyed the book so much. Your enthusiasm shines through the review!

    Wonderful review, Carole! Have a great week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeeee! I'm so excited. I'm just peeking a little since this is on my pile for the week (I've been holding off on it lol) It'll have to be my next :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to get my act together and read this series. The first book has been on Ipod for YEARS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...