Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday - Down Among the Sticks and Bones

 Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Waiting on Wednesday pick is:


Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire
Series: Wayward Children #2
Publisher: Tor.com
Publication Date: June 13, 2017

Twin sisters Jack and Jill were seventeen when they found their way home and were packed off to Eleanor West’s Home for Wayward Children.

This is the story of what happened first…

Jacqueline was her mother’s perfect daughter—polite and quiet, always dressed as a princess. If her mother was sometimes a little strict, it’s because crafting the perfect daughter takes discipline.

Jillian was her father’s perfect daughter—adventurous, thrill-seeking, and a bit of a tom-boy. He really would have preferred a son, but you work with what you've got.

They were five when they learned that grown-ups can’t be trusted.

They were twelve when they walked down the impossible staircase and discovered that the pretense of love can never be enough to prepare you a life filled with magic in a land filled with mad scientists and death and choices.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her

Pre-Order:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | BAM!


Why Am I Waiting?
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Every Heart a Doorway.  The summary for this book sounds amazing and I can't wait to get a chance to read it.

What are you waiting for this week? 

11 comments:

  1. Haven't heard from this series before but it sure sounds so promising

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the first book, but this series sounds really good. I hope you enjoy this one when it comes out :)
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to pick up the first book!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you enjoyed book one, it's only natural that you want to read this one too! And that cover is indeed gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cover is beautiful! I really need to read the first book, just so I can buy the second. I need that beauty in my life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cover is definitely eye catching and the blurb is intriguing. It sounds like absolute craziness in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting! Never heard of this series so will have to go look into the first book!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love that cover! I have to read book #1 before grabbing this one though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book is new to me! I read a lot of Tor Teen books, but not many Tor (adult) novels. Besides V.E. Schwab's, of course. :D I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a lovely week, Carole. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh this is new to me but it seriously sound pretty cool! I love the cover! And always yes to magic (: Great highlight, thanks for sharing Carole!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...