Saturday, January 28, 2017

Stacking the Shelves #54



I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

This was a rather quiet week at my house.  It was the first week in 2017 that I had to go to work for 5 day since we have had so many holidays and another day that was closed due to the weather.  I did get a lot of time to read which worked out perfect since I finally got my hands on White Hot by Ilona Andrews.

Digital Books


White Hot by Ilona Andrews (Edelweiss)
The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis (Kindle Purchase)
Waylaid by Kim Harrison (Kindle Freebie)

I am so so happy to finally get a copy of White Hot!  I started reading it right away and lost some sleep over this book.  So good!  I grabbed The Female of the Species on sale this week.  I have seen some good reviews for the book so I thought I would give it a shot.  I had to pick up the Kim Harrison short story, Waylaid, as soon as I found out that it was free.

Print Books

Seven Days of You by Cecilia Vinesse (TheNovl.com)

This book showed up at my house as a total surprise.  I love book surprises!  I did get a copy of it last week from NetGalley but I am still excited to get this pretty print ARC to read.  

What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

18 comments:

  1. Quiet can be good!! I almost picked up Female of the Species but didn't. Hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a fantastic haul, Carole!! I loved Waylaid, and I can't wait to read Seven Days of You and White Hot,too :)
    I hope you'll enjoy all your new books. Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh very nice!! I loved reading Waylaid! It was short granted, but I do love a good story where author's characters from different series or books mingle!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Female of the Species looks interesting... if it's on sale with good reviews I may pick it up as well!

    Danica @ Shelves of Spines
    STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your books look interesting. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always nice to get a surprise in the post! I'm expecting a few books next week which is quite exciting! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always fun when the mailbox provides a timely surprise like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard good things about The Female of the Species, yet I haven't added it to my tbr. I'll have to fix that. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Surprises from The Novl are the best! I didn't sign up for this particular mailing because I'm not the biggest fan of that type of YA contemporary, but I definitely signed up for January's. *crosses fingers* I hope you enjoy all of your new books, Carole!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These all look so interesting, great haul this week ;)
    Here is my STS 

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love bookish surprises! They're so exciting! Looks like you got some great books this week. Both Ilona Andrews and Kim Harrison are authors I'd really like to try and I've heard good things about The Female of the Species as well. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I grabbed Waylaid as well but I still haven't read The Drafter yet. I thought about The Female of the Species but have heard there is some animal abuse and until I hear more, I'm afraid to give it a go. Looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been reading quite good reviews for White Hot, I might as well buy my own copy soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quiet weeks are nice. I hope you enjoy your new books. I’ve heard good things about The Female of the Species.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have white hot too, I so can't wait to read it! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm looking forward to White Hot! The wait has been so long! And I've heard so many great things about The Female of the Species! Hope you enjoy your new books!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Book surprises are the best! I hope you have a great week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Female of the Species is a book I am really looking forward to reading myself as well, so I am glad you could get your hands on a copy. It's amazing that you've had this long without a full week of work! I hope going back wasn't too hard on you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...