Saturday, January 7, 2017

Stacking the Shelves #51



I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

We survived the first week of the new year!  My husband celebrated his birthday and had jury duty all on the same day.  My oldest daughter also had a birthday this week.  Top that off with a bit of snow, a snow day from school for my youngest daughter, and an eye appointment for me and it was a busy week. 

Digital Books

Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel (NetGalley)
Only Love Can Break Your Heart by Ed Tarkington (Kindle Purchase)
Firstlife by Gena Showalter (Kindle Purchase)
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas (Kindle Purchase)

I didn't fall in love with Sleeping Giants like a lot of readers did but I did like it enough to want to continue with the series so I was thrilled to get a copy of Waking GodsOnly Love Can Break Your Heart, Firstlife, and The Assassin's Blade were on sale at a price that I couldn't pass up.

Audiobooks

Big Rock by Lauren Blakely (Audible Purchase)

Even though I am in the middle of one audiobook, I had to start listening to Big Rock right away.  It is a cold snowy week and a funny romance is just what I need.

Print Books

Never Come Back by David Bell (Book Outlet)
Lucky Harbor by Jill Shalvis (Book Outlet)

Book Outlet had an awesome sale right after Christmas and me and my daughter (mostly my daughter) went a bit crazy.  I picked out two books to add to my stack while my daughter got a whole pile to add to hers.  I may sneak into her room to borrow some of her books at some point.



I am not going to list all of the books in my daughter's stack but it was fun to watch her jump up and down with excitement when the box finally arrived at our house.  She has already finished one of these books and read most of a second one.  I wish I had had a snow day this week to stay home and read!

What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

18 comments:

  1. Wow busy with birthdays!! Lots of BookOutlet books!! I got a little stack too. I love their sales so much! Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you both did well in the sale! I was disappointed with Amazon's autumn and winter sales as I didn't find much of interest which might actually be a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you and your daughter got a lot of great books to look forward to! I've been wanting to head to my library and see what books they have for sale but haven't gotten down there yet.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh nice! The problem I have is that I am always preordering my books so I get them when they release. Then when I go to Book Outlet, I see books I already have! LOL! Hope you and your daughter enjoy the hoard!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birthdays and snow days would definitely keep one hopping. I had my eye appointment over this past week, too.

    Oh, very nice pile. I caught the Book Outlet sale, too, but only snagged a few since I just got a stack of books for Christmas.

    Have a good week, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your busy week was also a good week, Carol :) And how great that your daughter got some books you may just have to borrow from her at one point ;)
    You have a very nice stack of new books, and I hope you'll enjoy them all.
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome haul of your new books. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, jury duty on his birthday? That sucks. I hope you enjoy your new books! I have to stay far away from BookOutlet, or I go crazy and buy everything.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today is my 51st Stacking the Shelves post, too! :)

    I hope you and your daughter enjoy your new books!

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  10. A snow day where I spend my time reading sounds fantastic! I keep saying I'm going to put aside one day and do nothing but read but I haven't managed it yet. You got some fantastic looking books! I've heard great things about Big Rock and Assassins Blade looks really good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even though I don't think it's for me, I read the description for Big Rock, and it does look super funny. Have fun listening to it! I love getting book mail, so I am really happy for you guys that you got all those books. Have a wonderful time reading all your treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul. I would love a snow day to read but we hardly ever get snow here LOL. All the books your daughter got I want lol. Have a great week.

    My STS http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/stacking-shelves-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read Firstlife a while ago and thought it was alright. I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on it!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG. WAKING GODS IS UP ON NETGALLEY?! WHELP.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome book haul Carole. I hope you enjoyed those new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your daughter got a great bunch of books. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great haul! I hope you enjoy your books.
    Diane @ Diane’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. NICE GOING! It looks like BookOutlet was kind to you and your daughter. :D I see you got one of Lauren Blakely's new books too. That woman never stops writing. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a lovely week, Carole. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...