Friday, January 20, 2017

Audiobook Review - Big Rock by Lauren Blakely @LaurenBlakely3

Big Rock
Written by Lauren Blakely
Narrated by Sebastian York
Lauren Blakely Books
Publication Date: January 22, 2016
Date Read: January 8, 2017
Source: Audible Purchase
Length: 6 hours 5 minutes




My Review

This was a fun listen.  I saw this audiobook on sale a few weeks ago and when I noticed that Sebastian York did the narration, I immediately bought it.  I found parts of the story to be rather funny which was a huge plus for me.  There were other moments that were very romantic and many moments that were very sexy.  I enjoyed this book quite a bit.

This book is told from Spencer's point of view.  I just love it when we get a romance told completely from the male perspective because it is a lot more rare.  Spencer is a known playboy who has a different lady on his arm most nights.  His playboy ways may be putting his father's business deal in jeopardy so he decides to announce that he is engaged.  He just has to get his best friend, Charlotte to go along with it.

Anyone that reads romance probably knows what usually happens in a fake engagement story and this follows that rule.  Charlotte and Spencer were so good together.  They have been best friends for a long time so they are worried that taking a chance on a relationship could mess things up but they decide to cross a few lines during their fake engagement.  They had a lot of chemistry together and the sexy times in the story were well done.

Sebastian York did a fabulous job with the narration of the this book.  I was hooked to the story right away and found myself wanting to listen to this book for hours at a time.  The narration really brought out the emotion of the characters in the story.  I thought he did a wonderful job in delivering the funnier moments in the story as well as the more serious parts.

I would recommend this books to fans of contemporary romance.  I think that the best way to experience this story is through the audio since the narration is so well done.  This is the first book by Lauren Blakely that I have read and I look forward to reading more in the future.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, look at that sexy cover! Awesome review Carole, I'll definitely check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sucker for fake engagements/fake relationships types of romances, to be honest. They are right behind hate-to-love romances, and it's even better when the two are combined. :D I have yet to read a Blakely book, but I think I have a few! I need to read one. I think I'll start with her Brazen novels, but I'll definitely be revisiting this one. :D Great review, Carole!

    Have a lovely weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a loverly cover, lol. Glad the book was pretty good too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound like all sorts of sexy fun. I enjoyed my first book narrated by Sebastian York, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a fake engagement story! It's one of my very favorite tropes. I've also been dying to listen to a book narrated by Sebastian York. I've heard all kinds of raves. I like that this is told through the POV of the guy. I'll have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had this on my radar for a while. Glad to hear it is good and has funny moments. Love the fake engagement trope!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit that the cover for this one was what made me so curious about your review xD I have only read one or two fake relationship books and dearly enjoyed them both, so I'll always be looking for more! I am glad this one had humor in it too - a big plus for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...