Saturday, December 24, 2016

Stacking the Shelves #49



I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

Merry Christmas!  What a busy week this ended up being and I honestly don't feel like I really was able to get anything done.  We celebrated Christmas with my husband's family last Saturday and my family last Sunday.  I will be going to see my mom and my sister's family today but plan on a quiet day for Christmas.

After trying really hard to adjust to my new prescription for contacts, I gave up.  My eyes were hurting really bad and I couldn't read at all so I knew it wasn't going to work out for me.  I should get a new pair of glasses next week and I hope that helps.  I have had a lot of headaches this year and I believe my eyesight is partially to blame.

Digital Books

Ill Will by Dan Chaon (NetGalley)
Frostblood by Elly Blake (NetGalley)
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder (Kindle Purchase)
Tell Me Three Things by (Kindle Purchase)
One Fell Sweep by Ilona Andrews (Kindle Purchase)
Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder (Kindle Purchase)
Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry (Kindle Purchase)

So much for not adding any new books to the TBR pile.  I didn't expect Ill Will but got an email from NetGalley that my wish had been granted for it.  I honestly don't remember wishing for the book but I am sure that I did.  I grabbed Frostblood when it was available as a Read Now.  I picked up a few books that were Kindle Daily Deals this week since I can't seem to pass up a good sale.  I was thrilled to get my hands on One Fell Sweep this week.  I almost never pre-order books but I make exceptions when it comes to Ilona Andrews so I am happy to get to start reading this one.

Audiobooks

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (Audible Purchase)

I actually read this book several years ago and enjoyed it.  It was the Audible Deal of the Day earlier this week for less than $2 and after I listed to a sample of the narration, I knew that I had to have this audiobook.  I started listening to it right away and since it was a short listen being just under 4 hours, I have already finished it.  I was a fantastic listen.

What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

13 comments:

  1. I read Poison Study years ago and thought it was a decent read despite not being what I usually pick up so I hope you enjoy it. Have a nice quiet Christmas and I hope Santa hurries with your new glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope your new glasses are better. I loved Tell Me Three Things - super cute and quick read. I have had Netgalley wishes come in that I had totally forgotten about too. Enjoy your holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEE!!! POISON STUDY!!! As you might already know I ADORE THIS SERIES!! It's soooooooo awesome!! Do you have Magic Study yet? Lol! Weird question I know, but I see Poison Study and Fire Study and just wanted to be sure you knew Magic Study goes between those two! Lol!

    Glad to hear Christmas Part 1 was good! ;) Hope Part 2 and then your quite Christmas tomorrow goes nice too!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your eyes feel better soon. Enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your eyes get fixed, with just the right prescription. We need them!

    Enjoy your books...Tell Me Three Things is one I've been eyeing. Happy holidays, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome haul of books. I hope your eyes get better. That's terrible when you can't see right.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUCH great choices, Carole! I loved Frostblood, and Tell Me Three Things. Nowhere But Here was okay, but I liked the second book better (Walk the Edge). :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Happy holidays, Carole. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure hope the new glasses help. Neat that you got to spend Christmas with your family and can now look forward to a quiet time at home.

    Nice book haul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome haul of books you got there! I've heard a lot of good things about Tell Me Three Things! I hope you enjoy these books!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh darn on the contacts/glasses. I understand your pain there. Hope the new glasses help! Merry almost Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh these look like some great reads here!! And too bad about the contact lenses, I have them but normally wear glasses since my contact have to be custom made and those are pretty expensive and uncomfortable. So I feel your pain on that one.

    Hope you enjoy Illona Andrews...I am curious about the series although I don't know what I think about the covers (different?!) Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tell Me Three Things was a really awesome read. I also got Frostblood. It sounds really interesting! Happy reading!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm dying to read Frostblood, I really hope you enjoy all your books this week.
    Happy Holidays :)
    Here's my STS 

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...