Wednesday, December 21, 2016

2017 Blogger Shame Reading Challenge Sign Up

Blogger Shame 2016

2017 Blogger Shame Challenge hosted by Herding Cats & Burning Soup

I have been hesitant to sign up for any challenges but I really need this one.  I have so much guilt about all of the review books that I just haven't had a chance to get to just yet.  I have had some of these books for over 3 years at this point and I really need to make a dent in the pile.  I wanted to work on my backlog in 2016 and it just didn't happen so I am going to be a bit more official (and accountable) with this goal in 2017.

What Counts?
Any review book that is over 4 months past due counts for this challenge.  

Goals
There aren't any official levels so I am just going to try to get as many done as I can while still reading some current books.

I currently have 85 NetGalley books, 9 Edelweiss books, and 1 book sent by the publisher that qualify for this challenge so I shouldn't run out of reading material.

Check In Posts
There will be three posts for this challenge.
Sign Up Post
Mid Year Check In: First week of June
Wrap Up Post: Last week of December

To Sign Up
Sign up at The Herd Presents if you would like to join in!

6 comments:

  1. I just decided to do this one as well. My post will go up tomorrow. It's my first year and I hope it motivates me to get some older books read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was going to do any challenges this next year, this one sounds like one I need most. I wish you the best with it! I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing this one, too, Carole! Wishing you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I figuring out what challenges I want to do next year, right now and my post will be next week. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL you are not alone in needing this challenge, Carole! I'm going to try to clear out my NG shelves, too. Good luck knocking your pile down!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...