Saturday, November 12, 2016

Stacking the Shelves #43



I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

This was a quiet week in my world.  Unfortunately, it was quiet because we have been taking turns getting sick at my house.  On Monday afternoon, my teenager told me she didn't feel good.  Of course, that was the night that she had her audition for the St. Louis All Suburban Concert Band.  She was able to secure a spot in the band even though she was ill during her audition.  She had the day off from school on Tuesday because of the election which turned out the be a good thing since she spent the day sick in bed.  Fast forward to Wednesday night and I picked up the bug and stayed home from work sick on Thursday.  I am starting to feel a bit better but I suspect my husband may be next in line to be sick. 

I was able to get some quality reading time in during the week.  I was able to watch several episodes of Outlander (I am obsessed with that show!).  Nobody was horribly sick and my daughter made the All Suburban Band so it was an okay week overall. 

Digital Books

A List of Cages by Robin Roe (NetGalley)
Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs (NetGalley)
Burning Bright by Nichos Petrie (First to Read)
A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn (First to Read)

I am really excited about these 4 books!  When I received the approval for Silence Fallen, I did a little happy dance...really, it wasn't pretty.  I was also thrilled to see A Perilous Undertaking and Burning Bright offered on First to Read.  I was denied on NetGalley for A Perilous Undertaking so I am really happy to be able to get my hands on it in another way.  I requested Burning Bright on NetGalley ages ago and still don't have an answer so I decided to grab a copy while I had the chance.  I was pre-approved for A List of Cages and I thought it sounded good enough to take a chance on.    

What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

23 comments:

  1. Well done to your daughter for fighting through illness to get her band place. It would've been horrible if being sick had stopped her. Hope all of you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She probably didn't score as highly as she would have if she felt better...but she got in and I am very proud. I am actually feeling much better today than I did when I wrote this post last night.

      Delete
  2. Oh boo that your guys were sick. Hope everyone feels better. Enjoy your new books and have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a long time since we have passed a bug around this house so it was really a bit of a surprise. It happens though.

      Delete
  3. Hope you feel better soon.

    Oh yay, Patricia Briggs and Deanna Raybourn books. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so ready to dig into the Patricia Briggs and Deanna Raybourn books!

      Delete
  4. Oh man! That stinks everyone is getting sick. Seems to happen in our house too. One person will be sick, then it moves onto the next. But yay that she secured a spot in the band!!!

    Nice new reads too! Some new to me ones but I hope you love them all! And that you feel better soon!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been lucky that we have been so healthy for such a long time. It was actually a shock to wake up sick this week. We are very proud of our daughter for pushing forward even though she didn't feel well.

      Delete
  5. I'm jealous of the productive reading week you've had. Unfortunately, I've had a shit week so no reading, no blogging to be had.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only read one book this week but it was a long one so I will take it. It can be really hard to fit reading and blogging in along with work commitments.

      Delete
  6. You got a lot of reading done this week. I hope you love all of your new books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really happy with this week's haul. I am really looking forward to this group of books.

      Delete
  7. Congrats to your daughter. I already had A Perilous Undertaking but did grab 2 more from First to Read. I'm behind on the Patricia Briggs series, but I bet you did do a happy dance.r

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being able to get A Perilous Undertaking from First to Read made the denial from NetGalley feel a little better.

      Delete
  8. I am so sorry to hear you've all been getting sick, that's icky--hopefully you're all on your way back to good health and happiness soon!

    Great haul this week--those covers look super interesting! Also, way to think outside the box a little and get your hands on the book you wanted in a different way, that's awesome!

    Here's my Stacking the Shelves if you're interested in checking it out. No pressure or worries if you're not, though! Happy book-ing to you, and happy weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We weren't terribly sick just felt a little ill so it wasn't a huge deal. I love it when I am able to get my hands on a book I really want - any way I can do it!

      Delete
  9. Congrats to your daughter! I'm glad she made it. Hopefully you start feeling better :)
    Great haul this week.
    Check out my STS 

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my...hope your family gets to feeling better soon!!! Looks like some great books to enjoy this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought we were getting better but my daughter seems to have picked up another bug. We should be on the mend soon!

      Delete
  11. Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about the traveling sickness! My parents weren't feeling well a few weeks ago, and suffice it to say, I didn't go home that weekend. :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful weekend, Carole. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to be able to stay away from people who are sick if possible. I am glad you were able to avoid your family's illness.

      Delete
  12. OMG!! You got Silence Fallen?!? I can hardly even talk because of that. I can't wait to read it :)
    I hope you're having a wonderful week, Carole!
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...