Saturday, November 5, 2016

Stacking the Shelves #42



I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

I am back!  Kind of back anyway.  I have been dealing with pretty bad carpal tunnel symptoms.  I finally went to the doctor to see what they could do and I was referred to a surgeon.  I haven't went to the see the surgeon though since that is not what I want to do.  I know from my past that if I just rest my hands as much as possible they will get better.  I promise to get around to visit everyone just as soon as I can.  I was trying to get back into my schedule a bit this week but I ended up with a migraine that kicked my ass instead.  Oh well. 

While I have been resting my hands, I have had the opportunity to binge watch Outlander.  I am a little obsessed right now with this show.  As soon as I finished season 2, I started over from the first episode.  Plus The Walking Dead is back on so I have plenty to watch right now.

I haven't posted a Stacking the Shelves post since the middle of October so this pile of books may look a bit worse than it really is. 

Digital Books

The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden (NetGalley)
Little Heaven by Nick Cutter (NetGalley)
Skitter by Ezekiel Boone (NetGalley)
Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop (NetGalley)
Evelyn, After by Victoria Helen Stone (Kindle First pick)
Violent Crimes by Phillip Margolin (Kindle Freebie)
Hungry Like the Wolf by Paige Taylor (Kindle Freebie)
The Troop by Nick Cutter (Kindle Purchase)
The Hatching by Ezekiel Boone (Kindle Purchase)
Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (Kindle Purchase)
The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker (Kindle Purchase)
Gone Again by James Grippando (Kindle Purchase)
I See You by Clare Mackintosh (First to Read)
Love, Alice by Barbara Davis (First to Read)

This is a lot of books.  On the positive side of things, I only added 4 books from NetGalley in 3 weeks so that is actually not too bad.  I saw a few daily deals that were just too tempting to pass up as well. 

Audio Books

Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon (Audible Purchase)
White Trash Zombie Gone Wild by Diana Rowland (Audible Purchase)
How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back by Diana Rowland (Audible Purchase)
Sweep in Peace by Ilona Andrews (Audible Purchase)
Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews (Audible Purchase)
Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews (Audible Purchase)

I have been on a big audiobook kick lately so I took a look at my wish list and ended up grabbing these.  I am really excited about all of them.

What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

8 comments:

  1. Sorry about the carpal tunnel. That has to be awful. Hope it gets better!!! Lots of great books there and so many audios. I need to get back to audios. Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love Bitten! Haven't got round to watching the TV series yet though...I'm scared it won't live up to my personal hype! The Hatching is on my tbr as I think it sounds pretty good. I hope resting your hands helps...my mum suffered quite a bit and she did opt for surgery but I'm with you...I would be reluctant to get the surgery unless I really had to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Sorry to hear about your carpal tunnel issues! That kind of worries me for myself. I don't think anyone in my family has had it, not even sure if its hereditary. But I'm on my computer so much I worry what I do to myself. Hope you feel better soon and find an easier solution than surgery!

    Nice new reads! So many of them too! LOL! Lots of new to me ones, but I spy Bitten and I LOOOOOVED that one! I loved the entire Otherworld series! Hope you enjoy all the new reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel ya, with the carpel tunnel issues. I waved off surgery a few years back and wear a brace if I start to feel the pull, but resting my hands is the best thing. Looks like you have a nice pile of audios to encourage the hand resting. Oh, and look at you with the creepy Ezekiel Boone spider books. ;)

    Have a good week, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carpal Tunnel sucks. I also don’t want to get the surgery. Usually it gets better if I wear a brace and rest my hands. I hope you enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently read the first Others book - I can't wait to continue it! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carpal tunnel is literally THE WORST--my mom's had it several times over. Here's hoping you rest those hands and get back to feeling better soon! I've had a bit of a flare-up with my costochondritis the last few days, so have been resting as well. <3

    I AM SO jealous seeing The Bear and the Nightingale on your list! I need to get my hands on that book--the cover is gooooorgeous and I am ALL ABOUT folklore/fairy tale retellings!

    Here's hoping you enjoy your recent bookish acquisitions! Happy book-ing to you in the near future! Here's my Stacking the Shelves, if you're interested--but no worries if you're not! Have a great weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your carpal tunnel gets better soon. I'm so excited you got The Hatching and Skitter. I loved the first one and got Skitter too. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...