Saturday, September 17, 2016

Stacking the Shelves #37


I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

Another week is in the books.  My car is now in the process of being fixed and will be in the shop until the end of the month.  Pretty much everything on my car from the rear windshield back needs some kind of repairs with over $7,000 in damages.  I was given a rental car but they wanted me to pay a significant amount of money for supplemental insurance.  I am kind of scared to drive it since I declined the extra insurance so it is just sitting in my garage.  Kind of pointless honestly.

The power at my office has been in and out all week making work extremely difficult.  It seems like every time it rains we lose power.  I am honestly anticipating walking in on Monday to no power once again.

Digital Books

The Girl Before by J.P. Delaney (NetGalley)
The Perks of Loving a Scoundrel by Jennifer McQuiston (Edelweiss)
Viking Warrior Rising by Asa Maria Bradley (Amazon Freebie)

I have to admit that I was totally hooked by one of the NetGalley emails this week and ended up requesting The Girl Before.  It does look like a good book.  The Perks of Loving a Scoundrel is for an upcoming blog tour and I am looking forward to enjoying a historical romance since it has been a while since I read one.

Print Books

The Lost Girls by Heather Young (LibraryThing Early Reviewers)

I have won quite a few books on LibraryThing....but I have had trouble actually getting a couple of them.  In a moment of frustration, I tweeted that I was still waiting for two of the books that I had won.  Heather Young contacted me right away and made sure that I got a copy of the book.  Authors are amazing people!  I somehow ended up with two of them so I will probably host a giveaway when I review the book.  I think that the book that I won in January is a lost cause at this point.

Audiobooks

Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben (Audible Purchase)

I read this book earlier this year and loved it.  I really enjoy re-reading books by listening to the audio so when I saw that Fool Me Once was the deal of the day, I just had to add it to my collection.

What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

20 comments:

  1. Ooh those are new to me ones! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sorry to hear about your car. $7,000 to fix it?! Yikes, that's crazy! The Perks of Loving a Scoundrel sounds like one I would really like! Hope you enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, $7,000 in damages from being rear-ended while waiting at a red light. Annoying to say the least. I am looking forward to reading The Perks of Loving a Scoundrel and should start it pretty soon.

      Delete
  3. $7,000 to fix a car is like insane. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how expensive it is to fix body damage to a car. At least it is being covered by the insurance company of the man who hit me.

      Delete
  4. Have you talked to your insurance about if they cover the rental? Last time I rented a car my insurance told me that as long as the car I usually drive was parked (say at a body shop) my coverage would transfer over to the rental car so I didn't need the supplemental. I just had to get the supplemental if my regular car was still being on the road (basically I have a policy that covers 3 cars and as long as the number stays the same it doesn't matter if one is a rental). Regardless that sounds awful and oh so stressful especially with the office power outage. The Lost Girls and the Harlan Coben look good and I'm curious about The Perks of Loving a Scoundral. I've been wanting to read a historical lately. It's been awhile. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My insurance will cover me in the car. BUT....if the car even gets a scratch they will charge me not only for the repair but for the time it is out of service to repair the damage. I would hate to have a claim against my insurance for a scratch but I also didn't want to pay them $20 per day for 3 weeks. So it sits in my garage and if I need to go somewhere when the other 2 cars are in use, I will drive it but otherwise it will sit. I know they were just trying to get me to buy the insurance but when they started talking about what kind of scratch I would be charged for...I knew that we wouldn't be driving it unless it was an emergency.

      Delete
  5. I had to drive a rental once while ours was in the shop for an accident and I felt the same way about driving it at first.

    Oh wow, nice haul. That's great that the author saw your tweet and got you your book sent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they were just hard selling their insurance. We do have 2 other cars and my daughter's school doesn't let her park there so I am just driving out other cars unless I absolutely have no other choice.

      Heather Young was absolutely awesome! I can't wait to read this book!

      Delete
  6. I agree with Katherine. Your regular car insurance should cover insuring a rental car, especially since you got it because your regular car is in the shop. O haven't heard of LibraryThing, but I will check it out. The Lost Girls, looks like a compelling read. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But if the rental car company is being greedy and looking to fine you for damages what can you do. Yes my insurance will cover an accident...but a scratch? I just don't think that I should have to spend hundreds of dollars when I did nothing wrong...I was stopped at at red light.

      You must check out LibraryThing! They have monthly Early Reviewer giveaways and I have had trouble getting a couple of them but most of the books have shown up quickly. I do enjoy the site.

      Delete
  7. Yikes about the car repairs! That stinks. Authors are amazing people and I am glad you got your book. I really want to read Fool Me Once. Enjoy your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm meeting McQuiston this coming weekend! I've not read any of her books but I do have one for her to sign. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    My family and I are having serious car issues too! We're considering just buying a new one. We've sunken way too much money in this one already. :/

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week, Carole. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not at all happy about having so many needed repairs because of someone else's behavior. $7,000 is major body work in my opinion and I wasn't even moving when I was hit. At least, I am not the one spending the money to fix it.

      I plan to read the McQuiston book next. I hope you enjoy meeting her!

      Delete
  9. Oh blerg on the work power and the car. Goodness. The McQuiston book was fun. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to that one. It should be my next read.

      Delete
  10. Oh, that's great of the author to send you a copy! So gracious.

    I hope you'll have a great week ahead, Carole!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...