Saturday, September 10, 2016

Stacking the Shelves #36


I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

We had a nice relaxing Labor Day weekend at my house and it was really hard to go back to real life on Tuesday.  On my way to work Tuesday, I was rear-ended while sitting stopped at a red light.  Of course, I was in the car that I absolutely love.  Everyone who knows me knows how much of a nut I am about this car.  My red Mustang that only has 6,000 miles on it and not even the smallest scratch...until the truck hit me.  I was hit pretty hard so my pretty car has a lot of damage :(  I felt pretty horrible all day with back, neck, and head pain but I got better as the week progressed.  Now I just get to deal with the headache of fighting with the insurance to get my car fixed properly. 

Digital Books

The Operator by Kim Harrison (NetGalley)
Winter Halo by Keri Arthur (NetGalley)
Shadowed Souls edited by Jim Butcher and Kerrie L. Hughes (NetGalley)

I may have squealed just a bit when I was approved for the Keri Arthur book.  I am really excited to read all 3 of the books for review that I got this week which kind of makes up for the one denial that made me very sad.  I am looking at you Sourcebooks Casablanca! 

Print Books

I actually forgot to put this pile of books on last week's post.  My husband and I stopped in at the dollar store and I picked up these beauties for $1 each.  $8 for this whole pile of books!!  Do you see some of the authors in this pile...Ruta Sepetys, Adriana Trigiani, Jamie Ford, Alafair Burke, and Patricia Briggs!!!


What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

26 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great Labor Day. That is awful about your car and you. Hope you feel ok and the car gets fixed!! Enjoy your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that my car will be fixed but fighting with the other person's insurance hasn't been fun so far. Thanks, Grace!

      Delete
  2. I hope your car gets fixed, and I’m glad you’re okay. Enjoy your new books.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very glad that I am feeling better. The new books did make me feel a little better :)

      Delete
  3. OOh nice! I still have The Operator on my kindle from Edelweiss I keep meaning to read! And oooh Winter Halo! I love Keri's books! Happy Reading!!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read Winter Halo and The Operator. I am so happy with this week's haul!

      Delete
  4. I love all of your new books. I hope you enjoy all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'ouch! I'm glad you're not severely injured, but sad that you now have to deal with all the rigamarole.

    Nice ones for review and wow, that's quite a pile. You did great on your dollar store finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dollar store by my house has had some great books on their shelves every time I have stopped in lately. I can't pass them up!

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear about your car and the pain you're experiencing - I'm glad you're mostly okay though! :)

    Enjoy your new books! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My Book Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your car but glad you weren't hurt more than you were. I never get that lucky at the dollar store... which do you go to? Enjoy your haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked these up at The Dollar Tree where everything in the store is $1. I have no business buying more books but they were only $1 so I convinced myself it was okay.

      Delete
  8. Great haul!! Thats such a steal for that many books. You were lucky.
    Check out my STS 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! I hope you're feeling better. I've been on two fender benders so I have an idea as to the kind of pains and aches you could get. Good luck with the insurance company. Ugh. Anyway, happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the third time that someone has ran into the back of me while I was waiting for the light to turn green! This guy hit me really hard with a big truck so I am lucky that I didn't hurt worse than I did. At least I got some great books to make me feel better!

      Delete
  10. Jeez I hope you're ok. I don't drive but I see all the idiots out there on the road who should never be allowed to drive and it sounds like one of them found you. I hope the insurance stuff is sorted out real soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure that one of them found me, Chuckles. I would bet he was on his phone and not looking at the road when he slammed into my car.

      Delete
  11. Sorry to hear about your car accident. =( That's awful. I've been in a few car accidents and I remember how sore I was for a few days after. Hope you feel better soon and everything gets sorted out with your insurance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a pain to deal with isn't it? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Sorry about your car - I've been in that situation, too - no fun but good to hear you're okay. Good luck sorting it out with insurance and all that! ... your haul looks good! I've been seeing Winter Halo around and I think I'll have to check that one out. Hope you enjoy your books. Here's ours: Bibliojunkies Happy reading! ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to read Winter Halo but it is the second book in a series. You may want to start with the first one, City of Light.

      Delete
  13. Holy cow on the car. How scary! But yay for you being okay at least. Goodness. Awesome on the review books. They all look very good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I didn't see the car coming until I was already hit but it did shake me up a bit. I can't wait to get to this pile of books!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...