Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #29 - A Perilous Undertaking

 Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Waiting on Wednesday pick is:


A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn
Publisher: Berkley Publishing Group
Publication Date: January 10, 2017

Veronica Speedwell returns in a brand new adventure from Deanna Raybourn, the New York Times bestselling author of the Lady Julia Grey mysteries... 

London, 1887. Victorian adventuress and butterfly hunter Veronica Speedwell receives an invitation to visit the Curiosity Club, a ladies-only establishment for daring and intrepid women. There she meets the mysterious Lady Sundridge, who begs her to take on an impossible task—saving society art patron Miles Ramsforth from execution. Accused of the brutal murder of his artist mistress Artemisia, Ramsforth will face the hangman's noose in a week's time if Veronica cannot find the real killer.

But Lady Sundridge is not all that she seems, and unmasking her true identity is only the first of the many secrets Veronica must uncover. Together with her natural historian colleague Stoker, Veronica races against time to find the true murderer—a ruthless villain who not only took Artemisia's life in cold blood but is happy to see Ramsforth hang for the crime. From a Bohemian artists' colony to a royal palace to a subterranean grotto with a decadent history, the investigation proves to be a very perilous undertaking indeed....

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her

Pre-Order:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | BAM!


Why Am I Waiting?
I almost didn't realize this book was the next installment in the Veronica Speedwell series because of the cover change.  I like the new cover style but I am not sure why there was a change.  I liked the first book in the series quite a bit and am interested going along with Veronica Speedwell on her next adventure. 

What are you waiting for this week? 

10 comments:

  1. I'm not all that familiar with the first book. And oh, why does this look steampunk-ish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! It does look a bit like Steampunk.

      Delete
  2. The first one was great and I have an ARC of this one I've just been holding off on reading it because it doesn't come out until next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just requested this a few days ago. I think I missed it because of the cover change when it was first listed. There is a bit of a wait for this one.

      Delete
  3. I hate it when they change the covers! Hope you enjoy it when you read it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is weird to me when they make a big cover change during a series. Hopefully, I can get my hands on an early copy.

      Delete
  4. Ooh nice! Totally new to me series! And oh dearie me, don't even get me started on cover changes! Sometimes I'm okay with them, other times I can be enraged by them. No matter what though I'm annoyed because it generally means my covers won't match!! LOL! Hope you enjoy this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cover changes don't usually bother me too much since I do most of my reading on my kindle anymore. When I kept paper copies of everything - it bugged me a lot!

      Delete
  5. This looks like a good one. I'll have to check it out. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...