Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #27 - Breath of Fire

 Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Waiting on Wednesday pick is:


Breath of Fire by Amanda Bouchet
Series: Kingmaker Chronicles #2
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Publication Date: January 3, 2017

SHE'S DESTINED TO DESTROY THE WORLD...
"Cat" Catalia Fisa has been running from her destiny since she could crawl. But now, her newfound loved ones are caught between the shadow of Cat's tortured past and the threat of her world-shattering future. So what's a girl to do when she knows it's her fate to be the harbinger of doom? Everything in her power.

BUT NOT IF SHE CAN HELP IT
Griffin knows Cat is destined to change the world-for the better. As the realms are descending into all-out war, Cat and Griffin must embrace their fate together. Gods willing, they will emerge side-by-side in the heart of their future kingdom...or not at all.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her

Pre-Order:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble | BAM!


Why Am I Waiting?
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, A Promise of Fire.  I can't wait to see what else is in store for Cat and Griffin.  I hope that this installment is even more exciting than the first.  I do have to say that I love the cover as well.

What are you waiting for this week? 

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I loved the first book! I hope you get a chance to read it soon.

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with the cover, definitely considering giving the first book a try.
    Check out my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
  3. These books are coming out to fast! I haven't read the first one yet. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one won't be out for a while yet. It has a January release date so you have time to get caught up!

      Delete
  4. Nice pick! I can't wait to get my hands on the first book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling that you will like the first book quite a bit, Lekeisha!

      Delete
  5. Oohh nice! I cannot wait to read the first one in this series! It sounds perfectly awesome and like something I will love!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read it soon, Jessica! I do think that this is your kind of series :)

      Delete
  6. This is really different from my usual reading but I love when I find a series and can't wait till the next book! I hope you enjoy it as much as you did the first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the anticipation of the next book is one of the great things about finding a new series to love.

      Delete
  7. Ooo... That's a pretty cover. I didn't read the description because it's the second book, but it looks very good. Is this the sequel of the book you reviewed last week? Or is this a different series?

    Rachelle @ Shell's Stories

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...