Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #26 - The Twenty-Three

 Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Waiting on Wednesday pick is:


The Twenty-Three by Linwood Barclay
Publisher: Berkley Publishing Group
Publication Date: November 1, 2016

From New York Times and #1 international bestselling author Linwood Barclay comes the third jaw-dropping thriller set in Promise Falls.

Everything has been leading to this.

It's the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, May 23rd, and the small town of Promise Falls, New York, has found itself in the midst of a full-blown catastrophe. Hundreds of people are going to the hospital with similar flu-like symptoms—and dozens have died. Investigators quickly zero in on the water supply. But the question for many, including private investigator Cal Weaver, remains: Who would benefit from a mass poisoning of this town?

Meanwhile, Detective Barry Duckworth is faced with another problem. A college student has been murdered, and he's seen the killer's handiwork before—in the unsolved homicides of two other women in town. Suddenly, all the strange things that have happened in the last month start to add up…

Bloody mannequins found in car “23” of an abandoned Ferris wheel…a fiery, out-of-control bus with “23” on the back, that same number on the hoodie of a man accused of assault…

The motive for harming the people of Promise Falls points to the number 23—and working out why will bring Duckworth closer to death than he's ever been before…

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her

Pre-Order:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | BAM!


Why Am I Waiting?
I have found Linwood Barclay's books to be consistently good.  I really enjoyed the first book in this trilogy, Broken Promise, and have the second one ready to go on my kindle.  I am ready to dive back into the little town of Promise Falls for a few twists and turns.

What are you waiting for this week? 

8 comments:

  1. Hope you love it when you read it. I'm not really a hardcore thriller reader, but I think I just need to find some great ones to read. I really like the Orange on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this author before, but I do enjoy books like this. I hope you get to read this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This should be a good one. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds good! I have another book by this author but haven't read it yet. I think I'll have to pick up this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice! that's a totally new to me one! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read a book by hers. Does she write stories similar to those of Sandra Brown's?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cover is kind of cool. I haven't read this author before, but the blurb is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...