Saturday, July 2, 2016

Stacking the Shelves #27


I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

We made it home from Indiana University with my daughter last Saturday and I feel like we are starting to return to normal at my house.  I am feeling like I am starting to get a bit more accomplished with my reading and on the blog.  I am officially on vacation next week and I can't tell you how happy I am that I can stay home and just do what I want for the week.

Today is my puppy's 1st Birthday - Happy Birthday Stella!

Happy 4th of July to all of my readers in the United States!

Digital Books

The Drafter by Kim Harrison (Purchased)
Break No Bones by Kathy Reichs (Puchased)
The Perfect Fit by Jenna Sutton (Freebie)

I have been wanting to read The Drafter before the next book comes out this fall so I couldn't pass it up while it was on sale for $1.99.  I also picked up Break No Bones on sale for $1.99 this week.  I read the series years ago and enjoyed them a lot so I have been collecting the ebooks as they go on sale so that I can read through the series again someday.  I have been wanting to read Jenna Sutton's work so I jumped at the chance to grab one of her stories for free over at Amazon. 

Audiobooks


Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith (Audiobook Sync)
The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan (Audiobook Sync)

I am really excited to get my hands on a these two books from Audiobook Sync.  If you haven't checked out that website yet, be sure to take a peek.  They still have a lot of great freebies lined up this summer.  I really enjoyed Winger and Stand Off so I am excited to try another one of Andrew Smith's books.  Although I don't really use it, my degree is in Health Education so I always find books like The Omnivore's Dilemma to be interesting. 

What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

22 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your puppy! I read The Omnivore’s Dilemma a long time ago and thought it was interesting. It made me do a bunch of Internet research to find out where my food comes from.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I feel like I might be better off not knowing too much but it is important to be informed. I hope the book works well on audio.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Sounds like a busy week with college visits and of course the puppy's birthday! Lol!

    Nice new reads too! I love Kim Harrison's books! I have her second book in this new series that I still need to read! Thankfully it's with Edelweiss, so it won't effect my "status quo" like Netgalley does. Lol! Hope you enjoy all the new reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so far behind on NetGalley and Edelweiss. I try to not even look at the books offered there any more lately. After I catch up a bit, I will take another peek.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday, Stella!

    I hope you'll enjoy your books this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things are getting back to normal and you can get to some of your books. You caught some good sales and a freebie. I snagged a few on sale this week, too, with my GC so it was doubly great. I've been interested in The Drafter so I should check on that one, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My large gift card balance on Amazon is making it really hard to pass up great deals right now :)

      Delete
  5. Yay for vacation. Happy birthday to Stella!! I also got the Omnivore's Dilemma from Sync. ENjoy your other books and have a wonderful holiday weekend and week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vacation deserves a big yay! I am so happy to have a week off of work.

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday Stella! I love her face in that pic! Enjoy your vacation! I hope you get lots of relaxing in! Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to spend as much time as I can during my time off at home and curled up with a good book. Stella is a very photogenic puppy. I can't seem to take a good picture of our other puppy but Stella seems to be made for it.

      Delete
  7. Happy 1st birthday to your fur baby! I hope you enjoy your new books, and have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lekeisha! We are going to try hard to have a nice and peaceful holiday.

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday to your dog! That's a sweet picture. =) I hope you enjoy all of your new books, Carole!

    Have a wonderful weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alyssa! Stella is a real sweetie :)

      Delete
  9. Aaah, happy birthday Stella! Enjoy your vacation Carole. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bea! Vacation is starting out well so far.

      Delete
  10. Yay for The Drafter! I HIGHLY suggest reading the prequel first. Highly! Seriously, trust me. Happy Birthday, Steeeeeeeeeellaaaaaaaaa! Sorry, that was my Streetcar Named Desire moment. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure that I have the prequel on my kindle ready to go. I will be sure to start with that instead of jumping into the first book. Every time I say Stella like that my daughter looks at me like I am nuts but I think it is funny :)

      Delete
  11. Booker T and Cassius send Stella happy belated birthday wishes. I am off this week too and am grateful it's basically a stay-cation because we have had a time getting Booker T through these fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stella says thank you! She had no idea what we were talking about on her birthday but happily took the extra treat when offered. I am loving my stay-cation so far. I hope Booker T did okay with the fireworks.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...