Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #21 - The Operator

 Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Waiting on Wednesday pick is:


The Operator by Kim Harrison
Publisher: Pocket Books
Publication Date: November 22, 2016

On-the-run ex-agent Peri Reed returns bigger and bolder than ever in this second highly-anticipated installment in #1 New York Times bestselling author Kim Harrison's new suspense trilogy, The Peri Reed Chronicles.

Peri Reed’s job eats her mind, but for a special task agent in hiding, forgetting the past can be a blessing.

Betrayed by the man she thought she loved and the agency who turned her into the very thing she fought against, Peri abandoned the wealth and privilege of Opti for anonymity riddled with memory gaps and self-doubt. But when a highly addictive drug promises to end her dependency on those who’d use her as a tool for their own success, she must choose to remain broken and vulnerable, or return to the above-the-law power and prestige she once left: strong but without will—for whoever holds her next fix, will hold her loyalty.

Yet even now as then, a love based on lies of omission might still save her life.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her

Pre-Order:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | BAM!


Why Am I Waiting?
I have to admit that I haven't yet read the first book in this series but I think that I have time to catch up before this book is released.  This one sounds amazing plus it is being released on my birthday...I may just have to treat myself to a gift that day! 

What are you waiting for this week? 

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read a book by hers either. She's on my list of authors whose work I really want to read. I hope you'll enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good ~ Hope you enjoy it!

    Renee ~ My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds interesting. I haven't read anything by this author but I like the choice she's facing. Sounds like it'd be really suspenseful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You share a birthday with my pup, Cassius! I loved The Hollows books but read the first novella in this series and couldn't get into it. However, I'd still like to try the first one someday. Hope we both get to it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to pick up a few of her books. I hope you love this series when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks very intriguing. I hope you get to read it soon!


    My WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just seeing Kim Harrison's name makes me want to read this one :-) I haven't read the first in the series either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Can't wait for this one either! Love Kim's Hollow series and I liked The Drafter, so I'll continue the series for awhile at least!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huh, I'd not heard of this book before! Or the author - apparently that means I am under a rock, given all the previous comments on this post. o_o I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it, Carole!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick I also haven't heard about this book before but I have heard about the author before. This book really looks and sounds absolutely amazing! I hope you do enjoy it when you get the chance. Here is my WOW pick for this week. Thank you for the awesome post.

    http://katibookaholicrambligreview.blogspot.com/2016/06/waiting-on-wednesday-40-wake-hollow-by.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...