Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #19 - Winter Halo

 Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Waiting on Wednesday pick is:


Winter Halo by Keri Arthur
Publisher: Signet
Publication Date: December 6, 2016

From the New York Times bestselling author of the Souls of Fire novels comes the second in the futuristic fantasy series that will make you want to keep the lights on...

When the bombs that stopped the species war tore holes in the veil between worlds, they allowed entry to the Others. Now, a hundred years later, humans and shifters alike live in artificially lit cities designed to keep the darkness at bay....


The humanoid supersoldiers known as the d├ęchet were almost eradicated by the war. Ever since, Tiger has tried to live her life in peace in hiding. But in the wake of her discovery that Central City’s children are being kidnapped and experimented on, Tiger’s conscience won’t let her look the other way.

The key to saving them lies within the walls of a pharmaceutical company called Winter Halo. But as she learns more about the facility, Tiger’s mission is derailed by a complication: Winter Halo’s female security guards are being systematically attacked by an unknown force.

Now Tiger must summon all her gifts to stop those responsible for both atrocities—no matter the cost to herself...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her

Pre-Order:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | BAM!


Why Am I Waiting?
I have so much love for the first book in this series, City of Light. Seriously....like 5 stars kind of love.  I simply cannot wait to get my hands on this one.  It is getting closer....6 more months unless I am lucky enough to get my hands on an early copy!  Let's hope!

What are you waiting for this week? 

9 comments:

  1. I hope you'll enjoy this one, CArole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know I've never read a Keri Arthur book even though I love urban fantasy - doesn't seem right huh? Hope this book is as good as the first was for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any books by this author but sounds like I should definitely soon! Thanks for sharing and getting me excited for this book and author!
    Check out my WoW

    ~Priyanka @ A Booklion's Hideaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. New to me series and it sounds fantastic! Thanks for the heads up. Hope you love it!

    Renee ~ My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Niiiice!! I can't wait for this one either! I love Keri's books!!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an interesting read :-). I'm a bloglovin' follower! If you'd like, please stop by and see today's brew,Cafinated Reads' WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this author before. I do love when a sequel comes out to a book that I loved though. Hope you can get this soon!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick this is actually the first time I heard about this series, but it looks and sounds absolutely fantastic. I hope you do enjoy it when you get a chance. Here is my WOW for this week

    http://katibookaholicrambligreview.blogspot.com/2016/06/waiting-on-wednesday-38-midnight-star.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have yet to read a Keri Arthur book and I feel ashamed for it. I've heard good things. I didn't read the description on this one for fear of spoilage, but the cover looks awesome.

    Hope you enjoy it!

    Rachelle @ Shell's Stories

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...