Saturday, May 7, 2016

Stacking the Shelves #19


I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

This was such a busy week.  On Saturday, my daughter got to perform as part of a trombone trio at the state level.  Her group achieved the highest rating of 1.  She had a busy week with her final band concert of the year plus lots of other things to get done.  She finished this week by going to the prom.  I spent my week dress shopping, shoe shopping, and helping her get ready for the big day.  I am glad that she is having such a good time but I am really ready for life to slow down a bit....I have books to read!


Digital Books


The One Man by Andrew Gross (NetGalley)
You Had One Job by Beverly L. Jenkins (NetGalley)
Since She Went Away by David Bell (First to Read)
The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman (First to Read)
Catch Me by Jennifer Probst (Amazon Freebie)
Forgotten Promises by Jessica Lemmon (Won - Thanks Lisa @ Tasty Book Tours)

I have been pretty good at resisting new books lately...until this week.  I have read and enjoyed Andrew Gross in the past so I thought I would check out his new book, The One Man, when I saw it on NetGalley.  I already read through You Had One Job and laughed so hard that I crying over a couple of the pages.  I was thrilled to see David Bell's new book being offered on First to Read so I snatched it up along with The Invisible Library.  I am really excited to win Forgotten Promises from Lisa @ Tasty Book Tours.  Thanks, Lisa!

Print Books
Book Fair Finds
After my daughter and I found her prom dress, we had to check out the book fair going on in the parking garage.  It was the last day of the fair so there weren't as many books there anymore but I still found a few to add to my shelf.  My daughter found two bags of books for herself so we did pretty good at the book fair.

Dollar Store Finds 
 
My daughter and I also stopped in the local Dollar Tree to pick up a couple of Mother's Day cards.  Happy Mother's Day to everyone.  While we took the required quick tour of the store, we found an entire section of books.  I just looked at her and told her to go and get a cart as soon as I saw the Jill Shalvis book.  My daughter picked up a similar sized pile of books so we did pretty good at the dollar store as well.
  
Bookish Swag
I actually received this last week but forgot to include it in my post.  They say that your memory is the first thing to go.  I won these cool signed books, stickers, and tattoo from Jenny Manzer (author) and Shane @Itching for Books.  Thanks, Jenny & Shane!

What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

14 comments:

  1. The books I like are the type you just don't get at sales or in charity shops! I have to get all these Indie books on Amazon! Grr, not fair! Hope you both enjoyed grabbing a pile of books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I hope your daughter had fun at the prom. And oh that Dollar Store finds are simply amazing. I'm especially in awe about the Richelle Mead books.

    Happy reading, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw so much fun stuff with your daughter! Hope she had a great time at prom. I saw that one book on First to Read but passed. Can't wait to see what you think. Awesome on the dollar store finds, Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!! Yeah I found me a few books at the book fair last week as well. I'll be out of town for most of the HPB one next weekend, but still might go up on Sunday and browse!

    I think I might know which Dollar Store you're talking about too! Or it just might be that store brand in general always having books. I never really find any for myself, but I see ones where I go, have it, have it, read it, need to read it! LOL!

    Hope you enjoy all the lovely new reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That prom picture is adorable. I hope that your life slows down so that you can read all of your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! Hope you get to read these soon, but it seems like your baby has been having a great time. Mother Daughter time is the best! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had some great books added to your shelves last week, Carole! And you definitely deserve them, after shopping for shoes and a dress for your daughter! Congrats on prom, and on placing so high up with the trio!
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to get my hands on Save Me, Kurt Cobain. Sounds like you found some great books in cheap places this week. I grabbed The Invisible Library as well. Your daughter looks gorgeous in her prom dress. It was a long time ago but I still recall the ordeal my mother and I went through when I went to prom...she wanted pastel and fluffy and I wanted something black and the cutting edge (it was the 80's after all). I pretty much wore her down and by the end of the day, she was glad just to buy something so we could go home. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Since She Went Away. Oh and BTW, Haunted is great as is the rest of that Armstrong series - she is one of my fave authors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad your daughter had a good time with her trombone trio and prom. They look cute in the picture.
    How fun that you gals went book shopping, too.
    You Only Had One Job sounds like a hoot.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, your daughter looks beautiful. Hope she had a good time. And great job with the performance! You definitely deserve good books for being a super mom. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man, I never thought of looking at the Dollar Store for books... I will have to plan a trip! Hope you and your daughter enjoy!
    Here's my StS & Recap

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo, the trombone! And prom! Very cool. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic week, Carole. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like an excellent book-stacking week:). We need rather desperately to declutter - but keep putting it off! Your daughter looks lovely in the pic. This is my weekly wrap-up
    https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/05/08/weekly-wrap-up-8th-may/

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great prom pic :) And awesome haul!! Happy (belated) Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...