Friday, May 13, 2016

Review - You Had One Job by Beverly L. Jenkins @bevtastic7 @AndrewsMcMeel

You Had One Job by Beverly L. Jenkins
Andrews McMeel Publishing
Publication Date: July 12, 2016
Date Read: May 5, 2016
Source: NetGalley


You Had One Job! is a collection of hilarious pictures featuring job-related disasters and general ineptitudes. If someone hangs a stop sign upside down or paints crooked lines on a highway, count on someone else to snap a photo and post it online.  You Had One Job! is a collection of hilarious pictures features job-related disasters and general ineptitudes.

All of these new, never-before-seen images will be accompanied by witty captions. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her

My Review

Overall, I liked this one. I will be honest and tell you that I didn't find all of the pictures in this book to be all that funny. There were others that had me laughing so hard that tears were pouring down my face. That is pretty high praise since I don't often laugh that hard.
The idea behind the book wasn't really a new one for me. I go on social media so I have seen many photos like these in various places online. I noticed that many of the photos used in the book were originally from Instagram and other websites. The photos are funny but what really cracked me up were the captions on the page that went along with them.
The photos that I found really funny were the ones where someone really screwed up and didn't even seem to realize it. I do suspect that some of the photos were the result of a language barrier more than anything else. I would recommend this book if you looking for a funny little book to take a look at for a bit but I would probably suggest that you grab this one at the library.
I received an advance reader edition of this book from Andrews McMeel Publishing via NetGalley for the purpose of providing an honest review.

3 comments:

  1. LMAO! Good times, good times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel books like this are hit or miss. Glad there were some really funny ones in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I have seen these types of pictures around and about. Funny coffee table type book.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...