What a month! I have to admit that I am really hoping that my life slows down in May - at least a little bit. I did have some time off work with my husband while my daughter was on a band trip during April and it was wonderful! I am still paying for it with the pile of work sitting on my desk in the office but it was worth it. It seems that the closer it gets to the end of the school year the busier life becomes.
- The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost ★★★☆☆
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead ★★★☆☆
- Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire ★★★★☆
- In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware ★★★★☆
- The Glittering World by Robert Levy ★★☆☆☆
- Most Wanted by Lisa Scottoline ★★☆☆☆
- Good Girl by Lauren Layne ★★★★☆
- The Obsession by Nora Roberts ★★★★☆
- Love of the Game by Lori Wilde ★★★★☆
- Coloring for All Seasons: Spring ★★★★☆
- Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel ★★★☆☆
- I am a bit disappointed in myself. I had posted every day in 2016 until mid April. I ended up not posting on 3 different days during the month. My goal is to have meaningful and worthwhile posts and I don't feel like I need to do something every day but my rule has been that if I have reviews to write then I need to post one on every open day. I am almost caught up with my reviews so I may be skipping a day every now and again from this point forward.
- I was pretty horrible at getting around to other blogs this month. I just didn't have any energy left at the end of the day during some of the month. I will continue to work on improving on this because I really do enjoy seeing everyone's posts.
- I have been thinking about posting a few discussion topics on my blog. I really enjoy that kind of post so as soon as I come up with something that fits my blog I hope to try it out.
Outside of the Blog
- April has been exhausting! My life seems to consist of waking up, work, driving my daughter around, sleep and repeat. I keep looking at the third car sitting in my driveway and counting down the months until she can start using it.
- I am an proud mom this month - really every month. My 21 year old daughter visited Hawaii this month and decided to extend her stay (jealous!). She is actually still there and will be for a little while. My 15 year old daughter is going to finish the school year out with straight A's again this year. She was just selected to be section leader in next year's marching band and earned a 1 rating at the state ensemble festival.
- I seem to be reading slower than ever this month. I had a string of books that were a little hard to get through this month. I was really turned off by the audiobook that I listened to this month and haven't wanted to listen to one since. I really hope to get out of this slump soon.
How was your month? Do you have any reading or blogging goals for April?