Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #11 - Highly Illogical Behavior

 Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Waiting on Wednesday pick is:


Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley
Publisher: Penguin Young Readers Group -Dial Books
Publication Date: May 10, 2016

Sixteen-year-old Solomon is agoraphobic. He hasn’t left the house in three years, which is fine by him.

Ambitious Lisa desperately wants to get into the second-best psychology program for college (she’s being realistic). But how can she prove she deserves a spot there?

Solomon is the answer.

Determined to “fix” Sol, Lisa thrusts herself into his life, introducing him to her charming boyfriend Clark and confiding her fears in him. Soon, all three teens are far closer than they thought they’d be, and when their facades fall down, their friendships threaten to collapse, as well.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her

Pre-Order:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | BAM!


Why Am I Waiting?

This book sounds so interesting!  The early reviews are very promising and it is being compared to a couple of really popular YA titles.  The cover is wonderful and really made me stop and give this book a second look.  This author is scheduled to make a stop at my local library so there is a chance that I could get a copy signed for my bookshelf.  Exciting stuff.

What are you waiting for this week? 

28 comments:

  1. I can see why you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping that this one is as good as it sounds.

      Delete
  2. I love the cover and am intrigued by the blurb. I can see why you're wanting to get your hands on it! I hope you do so that you can tell me what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the cover awesome? I just love it.

      Delete
  3. I hope you do get a signed copy. Nothing like that ever happens in my neck of the woods. Hope you love it and the cover really is striking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been lucky to have some great author events in my area.

      Delete
  4. I love everything this book is about. Adding to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first I've heard of this one but it sounds interesting!! How cool that you might get a signed copy! I hope you do and that this book is amazing for you! :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy! I do hope that it works out for me getting a signed copy. Meeting the author makes everything better!

      Delete
  6. Fascinating! I love stories about psychological issues. Here's mine: “IT ENDS WITH US”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The topic really does grab me. Crossing my fingers that it is a good one.

      Delete
  7. Definitely interesting. I hope you'll enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh nice! That's a new to me one! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This definitely sounds like a good read. Probably one that'll make me cry too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it doesn't make me cry. I am not a fan of crying.

      Delete
  10. I've not heard of this one! I'm glad early reviews seem to be good. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week, Carole. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that I like it as much as some of the reviews that I have seen.

      Delete
  11. This one does sound really interesting! I hope you love it :)
    Danielle @ Life With Two Boys

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this one recently somewhere else as well. The cover is awesome, and the synopsis sounds great as well. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It grabbed my attention as soon as I saw it.

      Delete
  13. So jealous about the signing. I wish I could go. I've never read one of his books though. Are you going to the Maggie Stiefvater signing? I'm just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try to go. My daughter has a lot of concerts and events as we get close to the end of the school year and I don't know about all of them yet. I hope that I can go.

      Delete
  14. Interesting premise. I will look for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read this one.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...