Saturday, April 23, 2016

Stacking the Shelves #17


I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

I had a crazy week.  I have been horrible at keeping up with things this week.  I apologize for the fact that I have not been around to visit blogs like I usually do.   I hope to get around to see everyone very soon.  After posting every day this year, I skipped posting twice this week.  It has been an off week in terms of blogging.

 It was really hard to go back to work after taking some time off and my puppy was sick for part of the week making for some not so fun clean up duty.  My daughter returned home from her trip to Philadelphia with her band and saw some pretty neat things on her trip.  She had a great time but I guess this has been our week to try to adjust to normal life again.

My daughter's selfie with the Liberty Bell


Print Books


Love of the Game by Lori Wilde (Publisher for Review)
Hot Pterodactyl Boyfriend by Alan Cumyn (Won @ Lisa Loves Literature)

Can you believe it?  I only added 2 books this week.  This is really some kind of record.  I just didn't have any time to shop or try to add books myself if I am being honest.

I am really excited to have Lori Wilde's new book, Love of the Game.  I really liked the first book in this series so I started this one right away.  I won Hot Pterodactyl Boyfriend at Lisa's blog - Lisa Loves Literature - as part of the book tour hosted by Irish Banana Tours.  I am not quite as excited about this one after reading a few reviews but I will give it a chance.  It has definitely sparked a few interesting conversations around my house already.


What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

15 comments:

  1. I hope your puppy is doing ok now...sounds like a week you'll be glad to see the back of. Hope this week is better and you get puppy cuddles and good reading done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly sounds like a crazy week! Sorry about the sick puppy. Good job on only two books being added!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your puppy is doing better, Carole... poor little thing :( Congrats on only getting two books this week, that's a feat for sure :)
    I hope you'll have a wonderful weekend, and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope your puppy gets better. Have to take care of our fur babies. Love of the Game is a hot pick pre-release title on Overdrive, so I hurried and got on the waiting list. I'm 4th in line, so I hope the readers before me don't procrastinate. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a puppy get sick is like when you're child gets sick. You want them to get better. Nice selection of books. I hope your puppy feels better.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely sounds like a crazy week. So sorry the puppy was sick but hope he's feeling better. Looks like your daughter had a good trip. What fun! Lori Wilde is an author I want to read. I think I may have read something by her years ago but if I don't remember it doesn't count!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your poor puppy. And your daughter is beautiful. Both books look interesting and I hope you read the Hot Pterodyctal Boyfriend soon because I want to know more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope things have settle down. Hot Pterodactyl Boyfriend - that title just kills me, every time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yep, the sick puppy will keep you busy. Hope he's on the mend. Yay that your daughter had a fun trip.

    Now that is a hilarious title for a book. :) Hope its as fun as its title.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a whirlwind of events! I hope your dog gets better soon. Congrats on the bookish win! That's always exciting, to win something. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful weekend, Carole. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sick puppies are the worst!! Hope he's feeling better!!! Happy reading :)

    Danielle @ Life With Two Boys

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your puppy is better. Sick dogs are the worst. It looks like your daughter had a lot of fun on her trip, though.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your puppy's feeling so much better now.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no about the puppy. Hope it's feeling better. Looks like your daughter had a fun trip. Hope you enjoy your books and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...