Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #7 - The Obsession

 Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Waiting on Wednesday pick is:


The Obsession by Nora Roberts
Publisher: Berkley
Publication Date: April 12, 2016

The riveting new novel from the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Liar.

Naomi Bowes lost her innocence the night she followed her father into the woods. In freeing the girl trapped in the root cellar, Naomi revealed the horrible extent of her father’s crimes and made him infamous.

Now a successful photographer living under the name Naomi Carson, she has found a place that calls to her, thousands of miles away from everything she’s ever known. Naomi wants to embrace the solitude, but the residents of Sunrise Cove keep forcing her to open up—especially the determined Xander Keaton.

Naomi can feel her defenses failing, and knows that the connection her new life offers is something she’s always secretly craved. But as she’s learned time and again, her past is never more than a nightmare away.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her

Pre-Order:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | BAM!


Why Am I Waiting?

It has been a long time since I read a Nora Roberts novel.  This one sounds really good to me so I think it is time that I revisit some of her work.  This book sounds like it has enough suspense to keep me wanting to turn the pages and I am sure that there is enough romance woven in to keep things interesting.

What are you waiting for this week? 

30 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed her last suspense title and this one sounds amazing too. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I haven't read any of her books lately. I have always enjoyed them in the past.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read a lot of Nora Roberts, but I'm very intrigued by this one. Sounds suspenseful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been years since I read one of her books but I am looking forward to this one.

      Delete
  3. Can't remember how long it's been since I read one of her books. This looks like a great read. Nice pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too, Lekeisha. It is time to pick up her books again.

      Delete
  4. I like some of her works and then some, not so much. I would love to know how she writes so fast as it always seems she has 2-3 books out at a time either under this name or the other one she writes under. This one does sound good so maybe I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is crazy how many books she has written. I do remember really wondering if she had someone helping her at one point. I have read only a very small fraction of her work.

      Delete
  5. I haven'tt read many books by this author yet, but what I read, I always enjoyed.

    My WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has so many books and I haven't really read too many of them. I am hoping that this one will get me to want to read more.

      Delete
  6. Ooh, I have been ogling this one! You could almost say I'm "obsessed"! Thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “WILDE LAKE”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read this one!

      Delete
  7. okay I just added to that to my tbr cause love Nora Roberts and loved the synopsis! Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW
    PS: New Bloglovin' follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I just don't even think of reading Nora Roberts very often. I am ready to give this one a try.

      Delete
  8. Haven't read Nora Roberts in awhile but this one sounds really good. On my way to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    Renee ~ My Wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't even think about reading her books.

      Delete
  9. I don't think I've read any of her books, but I'm getting back into the suspense genre and this one sounds appealing to me. Good pick, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure that the last time I read one of her books was before I even had my kindle which was more than 5 years ago.

      Delete
  10. oh I just love this author...such great talent!! I love a great suspense story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of her books are excellent. I love a great romantic suspense.

      Delete
  11. I can't believe that I've never read a Nora Roberts book. I KNOW!! I really need to remedy that. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try out her work. She really has a little bit of everything.

      Delete
  12. Ha! I'm with Lisa, never read a Nora Roberts book, either... I hope you'll get your hands on Obsession soon, Carole, and that you'll enjoy it :)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got my copy this morning. It may be a few weeks before I can read it though.

      Delete
  13. Would you believe that I've never read a Nora Roberts book?! This one sounds great though! I hope you love it :)
    Danielle @ Life With Two Boys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am amazed that so many readers have skipped Nora Roberts. Her books are everywhere.

      Delete
  14. I think this one sounds really good too. I'd be curious to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to go back and read some authors that I have been skipping lately. I am looking forward to this one.

      Delete
  15. Same here. I read something from Nora a long time ago and liked it. But haven't read anything else although she has so many books. I guess I kinda take her for granted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to this one and I think it will be to pick up a Nora Roberts book.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...