Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #6 - Listen to Me

 Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Waiting on Wednesday pick is:


Listen to Me by Kristin Proby
Series: Fusion #1
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Publication Date: April 12, 2016

In New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Kristen Proby’s brand new series, five best friends open a hot new restaurant, but one of them gets much more than she bargained for when a sexy former rock star walks through the doors—and into her heart.

Seduction is quickly becoming the hottest new restaurant in Portland, and Addison Wade is proud to claim 1/5 of the credit. She’s determined to make it a success and can’t think of a better way to bring in new customers than live music. But when former rock star Jake Keller swaggers through the doors to apply for the weekend gig, she knows she’s in trouble. Addie instantly recognizes him—his posters were plastered all over her bedroom walls in high school—he’s all bad boy...exactly her type and exactly what she doesn’t need.

Jake Keller walked away from the limelight five years ago and yearns to return to what’s always driven him: the music. If he gets to work for a smart-mouthed, funny-as-hell bombshell, all the better. But talking Addie into giving him the job is far easier than persuading her that he wants more than a romp in her bed. Just when she begins to drop her walls, Jake’s past finally catches up with him.

Will Addie be torn apart once again or will Jake be able to convince her to drown out her doubts and listen to her heart?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her

Pre-Order:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | BAM!


Why Am I Waiting?

I admit it.  I have a thing for rock stars.  The cover of this book really grabbed my attention and then when I read the description I knew that I needed to read this book.  I actually was lucky enough to win this book over at LibraryThing but it sadly hasn't shown up at my house yet.  Hopefully, this book will make its appearance soon so that I can really all about Jake and Addie.

What are you waiting for this week? 

16 comments:

  1. This sounds fun! I like the whole rock star thing and the cover is really sweet. I'll be looking for this one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that cover is wonderful. Rock stars are my weakness.

      Delete
  2. This does look like a great read. Adding to my list!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read this one, Lekeisha!

      Delete
  3. I used to have a huge thing for rock stars too. This isn't my usual type of read, but it does sounds interesting. I may have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a huge romance reader but I do enjoy one every once in a while. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I would read this for the cover alone!!! I do love the music theme in romances though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the cover great?!?! I just love it.

      Delete
  5. The cover is really nice. Romantic. It sets the vibe for the restaurant and the premise of the story. I like the blurb too. Never read this author before but looking forward to giving this one a go. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read this author before either but something about this book just appeals to me.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing this one! I'm adding it to the top of my list.

    Here's our WoW @ Lazy Book Lovers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you get a chance to pick this one up!

      Delete
  7. Great choice! I have an ARC of this one sitting on my Kindle but I haven't had a chance to read it yet :/ I hope you love it when you get your hands on a copy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won it back in January so I should be getting it very soon. I will be looking forward to your thoughts about it.

      Delete
  8. Love the whole rock star in books too! I agree the cover definitely is an attention grabber. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is just something so sexy about a rock star. And that cover!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...