Saturday, March 19, 2016

Stacking the Shelves #12


I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

Wow!  This has been one heck of a week.  It may take me a while to recover from this one to be honest.  I listened to an audiobook at work and was able to fit in time to read a whole 30 pages this weeek.  Yes - 30 pages!  I hate this kind of week.  My daughter had some kind of event every night this week which left me no time to do anything.  I like going to her concerts and activities but not every night.   My daughter is on spring break next week and I am taking a couple of much needed days off of work. 

I do apologize for being largely absent online this week.  I know that I have a lot of posts to catch up on at some of my favorite blogs!

Print Books


Lacy Eye by Jessica Treadway (From Publisher for Review)
Magic on the Storm by Devon Monk (Paperback Swap)

I can't wait to start reading Lacy Eye because it sounds so interesting.  I hope to have my review posted by the end of the month.  I am slowly gathering Devon Monk's Allie Beckstrom series and hope to start reading them very soon.

Audiobooks


In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware (Library)
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (Purchased)
The Glittering World by Robert Levy (For Review)

I have been mesmerized by In a Dark, Dark Wood this week.  During a crazy week without any time for reading, this audiobook helped me keep my sanity.  I was able to listen while working and will probably finish it up in the next day or so.  I just couldn't pass up Six of Crows when it went on sale this week for around $3.  I am really looking forward to that audiobook since it has a full cast.  I thought that The Glittering World looks good so I decided to take the author up on his offer for a copy to review.  I should get to that one soon.

eBooks


Zombie's Bite by Karen Chance (Kindle Freebie)
Jaspierre by Mixi J. Applebottom (Kindle Freebie)
Love to Love You Baby by Kasey Michaels (Kindle Freebie)
Thicker Than Blood by Claire C. Riley & Madeline Sheehan (Purchased)

Zombie's Bite, Jaspierre, and Love to Love You Baby were all freebies that looked interesting enough for me to add them to my library.  Thicker Than Blood is a book that I have looked at several times but never went through with the purchase.  I had some Amazon credits that needed to be used and when I noticed that I could used it on this title, I snatched it up.  It really ended up being free for me as well since it was purchased with promotional credits.

What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

40 comments:

  1. I've got Thicker than Blood on my ereader and have had for a while. I hope to get to it at some point. Too many books, too little time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. I need more time to read all of my books. Thicker Than Blood does sound good. Hopefully, I can get to it soon.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see what you think of Lacy Eye and Six of Crows. Hope you enjoy all of these!
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had Six of Crows on my wish list since it came out. I was so excited to grab the audio on sale. Thanks, Lekeisha!

      Delete
  3. In the Dark, Dark Wood always appealed to me. I hope you'll enjoy all of these books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished up In a Dark, Dark Wood last night and really enjoyed it. The narration was really good for the audiobook.

      Delete
  4. Great books you have added. Sometimes life gets a bit crazy. Hope it calms down a bit for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think next week should be calm. My daughter will be on spring break and I have a couple of days off planned. I hope this group of books will be good.

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed Lacy Eye...hope you do, too...and all of your other books. Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally received Lacy Eye just last night. I can't wait to get to it.

      Delete
  6. Wow Thicker Than Blood sounds so amazing. Thanks for introducing it to me !

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had my eye on it for a while so I was really excited to be able to add it to my kindle library.

      Delete
  7. Great haul! I hope you enjoy your books. Have a great week.

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul this week. I recently read Six of Crows and I LOVED it! That book was sooooooo good. I am so excited for the second book in the series. I hope you enjoy them all :) Here's my STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard great things about Six of Crows and was really surprised to see it on sale to be perfectly honest.

      Delete
  9. Interested to see your thoughts on Lacey Eye. I've seen mixed reviews and have almost picked it up from the library twice. Great haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like my kind of book so I have my fingers crossed that I will like it.

      Delete
  10. I hope you can get some free time to read this week, Carole! I hate weeks where you cannot get anything read. I just need that downtime. And everyone's talking about the Six of Crows audiobook lately. I think I'm missing out. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to read a book today so things are already looking better for this week. I get crabby if I don't get any downtime.

      Delete
  11. Ahhh, such a great book haul! The only one I recognize is Six of Crows - and I loved it! Bardugo is such a good writer. I hope you enjoy your new books, Carole!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic weekend. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to Six of Crows. I have some other audiobooks lined up first but I hope to get to it soon.

      Delete
  12. I haven't started the Six of Crows series yet, Carole, but I really want to.
    I'm sorry your week has been to busy for reading, hopefully, you'll have more time next week.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am positive that this next week will be much better for reading. :)

      Delete
  13. Great haul, Carole! Looks like you got some great reads :)
    Danielle @ Life With Two Boys

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lacy Eye looks so interesting. Enjoy your haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get to Lacy Eye. Hopefully very soon!

      Delete
  15. I have weeks like that too. Hopefully this week will find your reading more. Enjoy your days off! The cover of Magic of the Storm caught my eye. I will have to look for that one. I hope you enjoy your new books, Carole! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really excited to read the Devon Monk series. I have a very long TBR to deal with after I catch up on my backlog of ARCs.

      Delete
  16. Ugh, yeah, weeks like that ... blah. Hope next week is better. Woohoo for freebies! I got Thicker than Water awhile back but haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to this week. I have some very much needed time off coming....finally!

      Delete
  17. Lacy Eye sounds interesting. I'd love to read what you thought of it!! I've been holding off getting Six of Crows. I don't even know why. ugh. I hope you enjoy your books, Carole! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had Six of Crows on my radar but had no plans to buy it yet. When I saw that it was less than $3...I just had to get it.

      Delete
  18. I bet Six of Crows would be a great audiobook. I've heard great things about the writing style in Six of Crows, so I bet the audiobook is on point. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a bunch of narrators listed for Six of Crows so I am hoping that it will be great. I have only listened to a couple of audiobooks with a full cast but enjoyed them.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...