Monday, March 14, 2016

Review - Fowl Language by Brian Gordon @fowlcomics @AndrewsMcMeel

Fowl Language: Welcome to Parenting by Brian Gordon
Andrews McMeel Publishing
Publication Date: March 22, 2016
Date Read: January 26, 2016
Source: NetGalley


The popular parenting webcomic featured on HuffPost, Buzzfeed, and Upworthy is now a book! The perfect gift for baby showers and for those already in the throes of parenting, Fowl Language: Welcome to Parenting is here to let you know that you're not alone. Parenting is hard and often gross. Laughing about it helps. If you liked Toddlers Are A**holes, you'll love Fowl Language!

Parenting can be a magical journey full of bliss and wonder . . . if you're on the right meds. For the rest of us, it's another thing altogether. Fowl Language Comics takes an unvarnished look at the tedium and aggravation of parenting, while never forgetting that the reason we put up with those little jerks is that we love them so damn much. By poking fun at the daily struggles parents face, these cartoons help all of us feel less alone in our continual struggle to stay sane.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her

My Review

I have seen these comics floating around the internet and have enjoyed them. When I saw that there was a whole book of this comic, I knew that I had to take a look. A lot of the comics featured in this book were the same ones that I had seen online but I thought that this was such a fun little book of comics.
The thing that I love about this comic is that not only are they funny, they are easy to relate to. I have kids and I could see myself on just about every single page in this book. My youngest is in high school so I am at the point in my life where I am not dealing with some of these issues anymore but I will never forget what it was like when they were younger. Don't get me wrong - My children are still frustrating but in different ways now that they are older.
I highly recommend this book to all parents or really anyone who has spent a lot of time with young kids. I think that this book would be a wonderful gift for parents of toddlers who probably need a good laugh. I will definitely be on the look out for future installments of this comic strip.
I received an advanced reader copy of this book from Andrews McMeel Publishing via NetGalley for the purpose of providing an honest review.
About the Author

Brian Gordon, creator of Fowl Language Comics, has two small children of his own and knows well the trials and tribulations that go along with raising them. With more than eighteen years of experience in humorous illustration, writing, and cartooning, Brian's visual point of view is memorable, authentic, and instantly recognizable. From Brian: "They say 'write what you know.' Well, I don't know much, but I do know what it's like to be the father of two brilliant, beautiful, bat-shit-crazy kids."

Launched in July 2013, the relatable humor of Fowl Language broke out on HuffPost Parents, Pop Sugar Moms, Bored Panda, Awkward Family Photos, and countless other humor and parenting blogs. Thanks to more than 200,000 fans on social media, including Facebook, Tumblr, and Instagram, it continues to grow in popularity at a rapid pace.

Author Links: Website | Facebook | Twitter

12 comments:

  1. Haha! That first picture reminds me of my cat. He makes it his business to wake me every morning by coming into my room, jumping on the bed, and walking all over me until I get up and feed him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats are good for making sure that you are awake. Once they achieve that goal, they usually go right back to sleep though.

      Delete
  2. OMG. This is the perfect present for moms-to-be! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be a perfect book to give to new parents. I could relate to just about everything in the book.

      Delete
  3. I don't even have kids and these are hilarious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some of these cartoons are just universal. My husband always needs help finding everything. I usually have to figure out where he left his stuff for him.

      Delete
  4. This looks like such a fun book. I teach toddlers so I can relate. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book would be perfect for anyone who spends time with toddlers. They are fun but can be very frustrating.

      Delete
  5. Oh God these all look so true. Especially the sending your kid to find it. I'm not sure when that gets better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it does, Katherine. I am still finding things for my husband and daughter. I wish someone would find things for me.

      Delete
  6. This definitely sounds like a lot of fun, Carole! My kids are a bit older now, so they act a little differently, but those comics you shared ring very true. It could be a fun gift to friends for sure, and I'm sure I'd have more than a few chuckles myself, too.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids are older but I still laughed at all of these as I remembered all the things they used to do. Now my best friend and sister have toddlers and I can sit back and laugh.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...