Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday #5 - Every Heart a Doorway

 Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Waiting on Wednesday pick is:


Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
Series: Every Heart a Doorway #1
Publisher: Tor.com
Publication Date: April 5, 2016

Eleanor West’s Home for Wayward Children
No Solicitations
No Visitors
No Quests

Children have always disappeared under the right conditions; slipping through the shadows under a bed or at the back of a wardrobe, tumbling down rabbit holes and into old wells, and emerging somewhere... else.

But magical lands have little need for used-up miracle children.

Nancy tumbled once, but now she’s back. The things she’s experienced... they change a person. The children under Miss West’s care understand all too well. And each of them is seeking a way back to their own fantasy world.

But Nancy’s arrival marks a change at the Home. There’s a darkness just around each corner, and when tragedy strikes, it’s up to Nancy and her new-found schoolmates to get to the heart of the matter.

No matter the cost.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her

Pre-Order:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | BAM!


Why Am I Waiting?

I just love the sound of this book and I think that the cover is gorgeous.  I requested it on NetGalley as soon as I saw it and waited patiently for an answer for a very long time.  My request was denied which made me just a little sad.  That's okay - I didn't cry too terribly long.  I have it pre-ordered for my kindle so I am still read to jump into this one as soon as it is released. 

What are you waiting for this week? 

14 comments:

  1. This does look interesting. I'll have to keep my eye on it. Hope you love it, so I;ll be looking for your review!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to be able to read it just as soon as it is released. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh, love the sound of this one! Great cover, too....thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “THE PERFECT GIRL”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read this one. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I agree, this sounds so good! I will have to keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, how did I miss this? I just looked on GR and it says it's only 160 pages and it's #1 in a series. I wonder if these are each full stories or if it's like a serial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did notice that it wasn't very long which made me a bit hesitant. I was able to pre-order it for $3 but it looks like it has went up since then.

      Delete
  5. Don't you hate it when you don't get Netgalley copies? I think it kills a little piece of my soul when that happens because usually it's the ones I want most that I'm denied. :(

    Hope you enjoy this book when you get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It almost feels like a personal insult when I am denied by NetGalley. I get so many though that I shouldn't mind a few denials.

      Delete
  6. Getting denied on NG is the worst! I hope you love it when you do manage do get your hands on a copy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so disappointing to get denied. It always makes me a bit sad.

      Delete
  7. Seems like I have been wanting to get this one forever. I think this was a hard ARC to get because I haven't seen a lot of people be successful. Hope we both love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that they gave very many copies of this one out. It won't kill me to wait until it is published though.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...